Automotive production increased 18 percent in the first seven months of the year.
- Automobile production increased by 27 percent to 550 thousand 615 units.
- Together with the tractor production, the total production was 905 thousand 666 units.
- Commercial vehicle production increased by 4 percent.
- Heavy commercial vehicle production increased by 28 percent.
- Light commercial vehicle production increased by 2 percent.
- The capacity utilization rate of the automotive industry was 75%.
Automotive exports increased by 17 percent and reached $20,5 billion.
- Automobile exports increased by 26 percent to 366 thousand 499 units.
- Commercial vehicle exports decreased by 8 percent to 220 thousand 296 units.
- Tractor exports increased by 17 percent to 11.
- According to the data of the Turkish Exporters Assembly, the total automotive industry exports maintained its top position in the sectoral export ranking with 2023 percent in the first seven months of 16.
In the seven months on the market, 697 thousand vehicles were sold.
- The automobile market increased by 62 percent and reached 516 thousand 288 units.
- A growth of 62 percent in the commercial vehicle market, 38 percent in the heavy commercial vehicle market and 68 percent in the light commercial vehicle market was achieved.
- In the January-July period of 2023, the share of domestic vehicles in automobile sales was 33 percent and the share of domestic vehicles in the light commercial vehicle market was 52 percent compared to the same period of the previous year.