Deputy Tanal Moved Şanlıurfa High Speed Train Project to the Parliament; CHP Istanbul Deputy Mahmut Tanal carried the high-speed train project, which said that Şanlıurfa would be included, to the parliament. Tanal asked the Minister of Transport and Infrastructure Adil Karaismailoğlu to answer, and submitted a parliamentary question to the parliament.
“High Speed train and other modern rail transportation vehicles have been on the agenda since 2009 throughout our country. Although it has been about 11 years, High Speed Train services are carried out at limited distances and only in Ankara, Konya, Istanbul and Eskişehir provinces throughout our country. In the news that was reflected in the press in the past, it was reflected that in 2020, many high-speed trains and other modern rail transportation vehicles will start to serve. However, despite the end of the half term of 2020, the High Speed Train and other modern rail systems have been put into service in the regions that are claimed to be put into service ”, and asked Minister Karaismailoğlu the following questions.
- Is there a project for Şanlıurfa province for High Speed Train and other modern systems by your Ministry?
- Has this project been tendered? At what stage is the construction project?
- If the tender was made, in which manner was the tender made and which tender was won? If the tender has not been made, on what date is it planned?
- When are the project completion periods planned by your Ministry or determined in the tender conditions?
- While the Mersin-Adana-Osmaniye-Gaziantep high-speed train line project was put out to tender in July 2020, in what reality is the province of Şanlıurfa included in this project? Are the claims that Şanlıurfa province was excluded from the scope of the project true?
- While the route of the Gaziantep-Şanlıurfa-Mardin high-speed train project is announced and there are statements that it will be completed in 2020, are the claims reflected in the press that this project is canceled true?
- If the project in question was canceled, with what tools?