Physical therapy and rehabilitation specialist Prof. Dr. Turan Uslu gave information on the subject. You can avoid back pain or prevent its recurrence by improving your physical condition and learning and practicing proper body mechanics.
To keep your waist healthy and strong;
Exercise: Low-impact aerobic activities - not straining your back - can increase strength and endurance in your lower back and make your muscles work better. Walking and swimming are good choices. Talk to your doctor about what activities you can try.
• Increasing muscle strength and flexibility: Abdominal and back exercises that strengthen your muscles around the spine (core muscles) help these muscles work together like a natural corset for your waist. Flexibility in your hips and thigh muscles improves the alignment of your hip girdle bones to improve how you feel at your waist. Your doctor and / or physical therapist can tell you which exercises are right for you.
• Maintain a healthy weight: Being overweight strains muscles. If you are overweight, reducing it can prevent back pain.
• Quit smoking: Talk to your doctor about ways to quit.
Avoid movements that bend or force your waist. Use your body correctly;
• Make sure your posture is balanced: Don't bend over. Maintain a balanced pelvic position. If you have to stand for a long time, put one foot on a low stool to reduce the load on your waist. Good posture can relieve stress on the back muscles.
• Sit balanced: choose a seat with lower back support, armrests and a swivel base. Putting a pillow or a rolled towel on the small part of your spine that reaches the waist can maintain its normal curve. Keep your knees and hips straight. Change your position at least every half hour. Zaman zamstand up moment.
• Be careful about lifting weights: Avoid heavy lifting if possible, but if you need to lift something heavy, use your legs to lift weights. Keep your waist straight - don't bend - and just bend at the knees. Keep the load close to your body. Get help if the object is heavy or difficult to lift.