The question of what is a body paint master can be answered as follows; It is a profession that provides the removal of damage to the outer surfaces of minibuses or cars. It removes all the damages on the sheet metal parts of the vehicle surface. It uses different tools while performing these operations. In order to be able to operate in this field, it is necessary to have a knowledge specific to the profession. In addition to painting, body paint masters also perform operations such as dent and dent correction. People who want to work in this field can easily find a job in vehicle repair shops, organized industrial zones, auto showroom sites and vehicle technical services. It is very important to have good communication skills as they are in constant contact with vehicle owners and insurance companies. Thus, the operations to be performed will be completed much faster and more efficiently.
What Does a Body Painter Do, What Are His Duties and Responsibilities?
The body paint master is responsible for performing all the procedures required by his profession. In addition, it must meet the customer demands that may come. Some of the body paint master duties are;
- To determine the damage to the area to be painted and to determine the amount of material required,
- To determine the materials to be used during the repair and to ensure the supply of these materials if they are missing,
- To use products suitable for personal preferences of customers and to provide detailed information about products to customers,
- Creating a specific budget for all transactions to be made and sharing this amount with the vehicle owner,
- Notifying the owner of the other parts of the vehicle that need repair,
- Starting the repair and painting process according to the permission to be obtained from the vehicle owner,
- To do his best to restore the vehicle to its original appearance,
- Avoiding arbitrary interventions while repairing the damaged part,
- Making use of materials compatible with the make and model of the vehicle during the replacement of parts,
- If necessary, to change parts,
- To take all necessary safety measures to prevent any damage to the environment and the vehicle during the repair process,
- Negotiating with the damaged vehicle owner and insurance agents,
- The agent promised zamto deliver at the moment,
- To ensure the cleanliness of the vehicle before and after the repair,
- To provide all general controls of the vehicle and to make all necessary adjustments.
What Education Is Required To Become A Body Painter?
Getting a body paint master training is very important for advancement in the profession. These trainings are basically given in vocational high schools and industrial vocational high schools. Students who show the necessary success in their courses by enrolling in the programs in these schools are entitled to become a body paint master when they graduate. Apart from this training, courses are also organized in vocational training centers by the Ministry of National Education. Anyone with a primary education degree can enroll in these courses. In accordance with the job description of the body paint master, various courses are given in the course on theoretical vocational training, damage repair methods, basic body training, basic paint knowledge and paint systems, basic color knowledge and joining techniques. Everyone who is successful in the written and oral exams to be held by the course instructors will have a course completion certificate. Thanks to this document, you can enter the profession. People who want to work in this field can open their own workplaces after completing the necessary legal procedures, or they can work as workers in any business.
What are the Requirements to Become a Body Painter?
To answer the question of how to become a body paint master, you can start by listing the qualities that must be possessed before starting the profession. Anyone who meets the necessary conditions for this profession, which has the opportunity to find a job easily and quickly in many fields, has the right to practice this profession. The master has to train himself in the best way since he has the responsibility of not only painting and repairing but also performing different operations in line with the demands of the customers. For this reason, some of the features that a body paint master should have are as follows:
- To have a good level of color knowledge in order to provide a good service in vehicle painting,
- To know the principles of use of materials to be used during repair and painting,
- To have a mastery certificate issued by the Ministry of National Education,
- To be a vocational or industrial high school graduate,
- To have knowledge and experience in bodywork system and repair,
- To have the principle of working meticulously and carefully,
- Having received basic training on issues such as sanding and part replacement,
- To have the ability and courage to closely follow the innovations required by the profession and apply them.
Body Paint Master Salary 2022
As they progress in their careers, the positions they work for and the average salaries of those working in the position of Body Paint Master are the lowest 8.650 TL, the average 10.810 TL, the highest 13.640 TL.