The fact that water is a vital resource, aquatic creatures play an important role in meeting the needs of people; increases the importance of having competent people in this field. Fisheries Engineers are called professionals working in this field.
What Does a Fisheries Engineer Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
Fisheries engineer employed in various institutions such as public institutions, private enterprises and laboratories; He is involved in many fields such as water quality and hydrological modelling, aquaculture, aquatic biotechnology, determination of physical, chemical and biological quality elements in water resources, food quality and safety, water safety, lake and river restoration. Their duties can be broadly listed as follows:
- Carrying out research activities to determine the most efficient ways of raising fish and crustaceans,
- To carry out studies to protect the population of fisheries that are about to become extinct,
- To examine and grow underwater plant species used in the food and pharmaceutical industry,
- Making environmental data analysis,
- To report production and growth activities,
- Examination to identify disease or parasites
- Evaluating the quality of the materials or products used,
- To improve fish hatching and growth rates,
- To provide the most suitable conditions for aquatic life,
- To transfer mature fish to streams, ponds or commercial warehouses,
- Determining and executing facility maintenance procedures,
- Determining how to allocate resources and respond to unexpected problems
- Interview biologists, fish pathologists and other fisheries personnel to obtain data on fish diseases and food and environmental requirements.
- To determine and prepare suitable sites for breeding a new species,
- To comply with the relevant legislation and environmental standards,
- To raise awareness about environmental problems,
- Training and supervising team members.
How to Become a Fisheries Engineer?
In order to become a fisheries engineer, it is necessary to graduate with a bachelor's degree from the departments of Fisheries Engineering, which provides four-year education.
Features Required for a Fisheries Engineer
- To exhibit careful and detailed approaches in their analyzes,
- Demonstrate the ability to produce solutions in the face of problems,
- Having technical skills
- Demonstrate an ability to understand and evaluate complex data
- Demonstrate an inclination towards teamwork and cooperation,
- Demonstrate planning and organizational skills.
Fisheries Engineer Salaries 2022
As they progress in their careers, Fisheries Engineer positions and average salaries are the lowest 5.950 TL, the average 8.950 TL, the highest 14.040 TL.