switchboard officer; It is the person who carries out all the necessary activities of the company in line with the efficiency service, and fulfills the communication service of the institution, in accordance with the objectives and principles determined by the institution or organizations to which he will work.
What Does a Switchboard Officer Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
Other job descriptions of the switchboard officer responsible for communications include:
- Responsible for the order and cleanliness of the switchboard unit,
- To perform internal and external communication services of the company/institution,
- Responding to external applications,
- To use the announcement system of the company, if any, in accordance with the internal communication instructions,
- Company fire, etc. to inform the relevant technical service about the alarm signal coming from the alarm system,
- Transferring incoming calls from outside the institution to the relevant persons or units,
- Placing the mails received by the personnel of the institution in the mailboxes of the persons,
- To maintain and control the telephone, equipment and other tools or devices related to the switchboard unit,
- Repairing broken devices when necessary,
- Working on confidentiality,
- To act responsibly in risky and sensitive tasks,
- Avoiding unnecessary conversations.
How to Become a Switchboard Officer?
There is no requirement to graduate from any department of universities to be a switchboard officer. It is sufficient to graduate from high school and equivalent schools, but education can be obtained from the Office Management Department and Executive Assistant Department of vocational schools that provide two-year undergraduate education. It is possible to attend special training programs in the field of computer and electronic device use.
Switchboard Clerk Salaries 2022
As they progress in their careers, the positions they work in and the average salaries of those working in the position of Switchboard Officer are the lowest 5.500 TL, the average 5.910 TL, the highest 8.140 TL.