Sociologist; It examines society and social behavior by examining the processes developed by individuals, cultures, organizations and social institutions. It collects data through surveys, observations, interviews and other sources. Writes reports and articles detailing research findings and/or prepares presentations. Sociologists can work in private research institutions, some ministries, public research institutions and universities. same zamAt the same time, it can carry out individual research and publish the results of the examination as a book or scientific article.
What Does a Sociologist Do, What Are His Duties?
- Developing research projects to test theories about social issues.
- Collecting data based on surveys and literature review,
- Analyzing data and drawing conclusions,
- To prepare publications and reports containing research findings,
- Observing group interactions and role relationships to collect data, identify problems, evaluate progress, and identify the need for change.
- Developing problem intervention procedures using techniques such as group interaction, participant observation,
- Developing social or economic research methods,
- Collaborating with other sociologists or social scientists,
How to Become a Sociologist
People who want to be a sociologist must have certain characteristics;
- Having an interdisciplinary perspective,
- Being able to think analytically
- To provide a critical approach,
- To be strong in communication,
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and solve problems
- Having an effective command of written language,
- To be able to perform statistical analysis.
Sociologist Salaries 2022
The lowest Sociologist salary received in 2022 was determined as 5.200 TL, the average Sociologist salary 6.400 TL, and the highest Sociologist salary 8.900 TL.