Saab announced on April 29, 2020 that it has delivered the first GlobalEye AEW & C aircraft to the United Arab Emirates.
United Arab Emirates has 3 final GlobalEye AEW & C orders.
The United Arab Emirates ordered 2015 GlobalEye aircraft with the contract it signed in late 3. In November 2019, the UAE announced its intention to complete a contract amendment for the purchase of two additional systems.
Saab President and CEO Micael Johansson said: “The delivery of the first GlobalEye is an important milestone for Saab, but it is the same zamIt is an important step in the history of airborne early warning and control aircraft. We have set a new standard for the market and I am proud to announce that we have introduced the world's most advanced aerial surveillance product to the United Arab Emirates.” used the phrases.
In addition, the video posted on the official Twitter account of Saab claimed that GlobalEye AEW & C is the "world's best" AEW & C platform.
UAE currently has an order of 3 Global Eye AEW & C aircraft. The two new aircraft are expected to be worth US $ 1,018 billion. The first aircraft ordered made its first flight in March 2018. Tests continued throughout 2018 and 2019.
The Global Eye AEW & C system has been developed over the Bombardier Global 6000 jet, and consists of various signal sensors, a 450 km-range Saab Erieye ER AESA radar and Leonardo Seaspray radar and electro-optical camera.
* AEW & C: Airborne early warning and control aircraft.
UAE Air Force's Saab 340 AEW & Cs
It is known that the United Arab Emirates Air Force operated 2 Saab 340 airborne early warning and control aircraft. It is known that the UAE is using this platform in the Gulf of Oman.
Features of Saab 340 AEW & C / S-100 B Argus
- Wingspan: 21,44 m / 70 ft 4 inches
- Length: 66 ft 8 in / 20,33 m
- Height: 6,97 m (22 ft 11 in)
- Engine: 1870x General Electric CT2-7B turboprop engine of 9 hp
- Empty Weight: 10.300 kg
- Maximum Takeoff Weight: 13,200 kg
- Aircraft Load Weight: 3,401 kg
- Climbing Speed: 10,2 m / s
- Maximum Speed: 528 km / h
- Crusing Speed: 528 km / h
- Range: 900.988 mi / 1.450 km
- Maximum Operational Altitude: 7.620 m
- Crew: 6
- Electronic Systems: 1x Ericsson Erieye (PS-890) radar, Link 16, HQII, IFF, encrypted audio equipment, mm (Source: Defencetürk)