Water Level in Dams in Istanbul Dropped! Water Saving Warning from İSKİ!
As the rainfall decreases in Istanbul, the water level in the dams continues to decrease. According to the latest data of İSKİ, the occupancy rate in dams dropped below 18 percent. İSKİ officials invited Istanbulites to save water.
Occupancy Rate in Dams is 18.88 Percent
Istanbul Water and Sewerage Administration (ISKİ) announced the current occupancy rate in dams on its website. Accordingly, the occupancy rate in dams, which was 19.13 percent yesterday, decreased to 18.88 percent as of today. The total amount of water in the dams was 263 million 895 thousand cubic meters.
Need to Save Water
İSKİ officials stated that the water level in the dams is approaching a critical level and emphasized that citizens should be economical and sensitive in water use. Officials stated that saving water is important for both the environment and economy.
What Can Be Done to Save Water?
Some simple measures can be taken to save water. These are:
- Not leaving taps open unnecessarily.
- Do not run the dishwasher or washing machine before it is fully loaded.
- Short-term water interruptions while taking a shower.
- Turning off the tap while brushing your teeth or shaving.
- Repairing leaky taps and pipes.
- Collecting rainwater to water the garden.
- Watering the flowers in the morning or evening.
By saving water in this way, we can both maintain the water level in dams and reduce our bills.