The physical education teacher organizes games and sports activities that support physical activity among children and young people from kindergarten to high school level. It aims to develop motor skills and physical development among younger children and to develop appropriate exercise and eating habits among older children.
What Does a Physical Education Teacher Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
The main task of a physical education teacher is to teach his students the basics and practices of healthy living. Other responsibilities of professional professionals can be grouped under the following headings;
- To design, plan and implement physical education lessons according to school standards,
- Explain the basics of sports, games, rhythm and body movement,
- Encouraging students to work in teams and to set collective and personal development goals,
- Providing adequate equipment that allows all students to be active at the same time,
- Ensuring that the physical education environment is clean, safe and constructive for all students,
- Evaluating the student's academic and personal development and preparing progress reports
What kind of education is required to become a Physical Education Teacher?
In order to become a physical education teacher, it is necessary to graduate from the departments of Physical Education and Sports Teaching, Sports Sciences, Sports Management, Recreation, Exercise and Sports Sciences, Coaching Education, Exercise and Sports Education for the Disabled. In order to qualify for education in the said undergraduate programs, it is necessary to pass the Basic Competence (TYT) exam and be successful.
Features that a Physical Education Teacher Should Have
- To teach a variety of students with a variety of athletic interests and different physical abilities.
- Being able to act comfortably in front of large communities,
- Ability to explain complex techniques in simple terms
- To provide team management and motivation,
- Being sensitive to diversity and differences,
- Demonstrate excellent verbal communication skills,
- Adapting to a fast-paced work environment
Physical Education Teacher Salaries 2022
As physical education teachers progress in their careers, the positions they work and the average salaries they receive are the lowest 5.500 TL, the average 6.910 TL, the highest 15.880 TL.