They are application developers who fictionalize the story of virtual games and make their software. Game software is a software field that requires special expertise.
What Does a Game Software Specialist Do, What Are Their Duties?
We can list the professional duties of Game Software Experts as follows;
- Planning according to the environment in which the game will be developed.
- To support the budget planning of the game.
- To examine the plot of the game and its story. Determining which technology solutions will be used according to whether the story is long or short.
- Working closely with the game's graphic designs and lighting expert teams.
- To transfer the movements of real players to the computer environment with Motion Capture technology.
- To work by selecting a game engine to ensure that the sound, 3D objects and physical functions in the game are connected to each other in the form of certain sequences of events.
- Modeling all objects (such as cars, flowers, trees, characters) in the game fiction with 3rd Modeling.
- After all parts of the fiction have been prepared, proceed to the construction of the game.
- Optimizing for specific devices after completing the game. To ensure that a game is adjusted according to the average system and architecture of the devices.
- Developing for integration with different infrastructures and other applications depending on the needs of the game application.
- Developing the legal control structures determined for game applications and setting up the system tracking structure.
- Developing security needs.
- Performing functional tests during and at the end of the game's development process.
- Ensuring that the user workflow works correctly.
- Ensuring that legal security requirements are working properly.
- To monitor the application version.
- Following the product and making error corrections after it is released to the application markets.
How to Become a Game Developer?
- Fundamentals of object-oriented programming,
- Programming languages (Java, Xcode Swift, Objective-C, Cordova, C# etc.),
- UI / UX trainings on user experience,
- graphic and light design,
Must have completed such training.
Game Developer Salaries 2022
The lowest Game Software Specialist salary received in 2022 was determined as 5.500 TL, the average Game Software Specialist salary was 10.000 TL, and the highest Game Software Specialist salary was 24.000 TL.