Who is Behiç Erkin: Born in Istanbul in 1876, Behiç Bey graduated from the Military Academy in 1898 and the Military Academy in 1901. After 1904, he worked as a staff captain in Thessaloniki-Istanbul railway guard inspector. He was captured by the Greeks in the Balkan War in 1910. He published his book '.
After the occupation of Istanbul by the allied states on March 16, 1920, when he was called by the British, he moved to Anatolia. He received the second presidential proposal from his chairman İsmet Bey (İnönü). Within a few days, another proposal was made to him by the Minister of Public Works (Minister of Public Works) İsmail Fazıl Pasha. he gave.
Founder of Modern Railways
Behiç Bey successfully continued this task, which he started on July 16, 1920. The company became the first founder of modern railways in our country by providing a railway operation at the level of railways at the level of the most progressive countries.
Behiç Bey 14, who was a full-fledged organizer and statesman, was elected to the Ministry of Public Works in January 1926.
Behiç Erkin, who died on November 11, 1961, devised his first General Manager to be buried in the triangle at the Eskişehir (Inventory) station, where the Ankara lines of Izmir, where he met.
Behiç Erkin can be written about;
- The person performing the logistics of the Çanakkale War
- Having successfully completed the logistics of our War of Independence, which Mustafa Kemal said to him, "If you succeed in carrying the army to the front, I know very well what to do at the front,"
- Instructing foreigners who say that no Turkish can run railways,
- Ensuring the nationalization of those who want to return the railways to foreign enterprises after the War of Independence,
- Signed another first by translating both the operating language of railways and the courses of ITU in Turkish,
- the first time that the Republic of Turkey to decentralization and ITU '^ y of decentralization that,
- establishing the first public museum in the Republic of Turkey,
- establishing the school first railroads in the Republic of Turkey,
- One of the 13 founding signatures, along with Atatürk, the intellectual father of our national intelligence agency,
- TCDD's first General Manager, father of railways,
- One of the first deputies of TBMM and First Minister of Public Works,
- We can say that during the Embassy in France, Nazi Germany and his partner rescued 20 thousand Turkish Citizens from the Jewish genocide of France with great genius of diplomacy.