During the expedition, the mechanic manages the train and all responsibility belongs to the mechanic. Among the main duties of the following machinist;
- Lubricates the mechanical parts of the locomotive and takes necessary safety measures,
- Operates the locomotive and follows the movement orders, timetables, signals from the pointer and other railway personnel along the way and controls the movement of the train,
- Supervises other employees working in the locomotive,
- Carries out small repairs and adjustments during travel,
- After the end of the journey, it keeps a report and fills the related books (incident book, etc.).
For details Click here...