How to make Shepherd's Pie? Delicious Shepherd's Pie recipe from MasterChef
In MasterChef Turkey, the contestants worked hard to make Shepherd's Pie. Shepherd's Pie is a delicious dish prepared with minced meat and mashed potatoes. So, how to make Shepherd's Pie? Here is the Shepherd's Pie recipe and tips that you can take inspiration from MasterChef…
What is Shepherd's Pie?
Shepherd's Pie is one of the classic flavors of British cuisine. This dish, prepared with minced meat mixture and mashed potatoes, is both a satisfying and delicious option. Shepherd's Pie can be served hot, especially on cold winter days.
What are the details of making Shepherd's Pie?
To make Shepherd's Pie, you first need to boil the potatoes and mash them. You can flavor the mashed potatoes by adding milk, butter, salt and black pepper. Then, you can prepare the meat mixture by frying the minced meat in olive oil and adding onion, carrot, flour, peas and broth. You can divide the meat mixture into casserole dishes and spread the mashed potatoes on top. You can sprinkle bread crumbs and grated cheese on top and put it in the oven. You can serve the baked Shepherd's Pie with green salad or raw vegetables.
Shepherd's Pie recipe
- 25 medium potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 peeled and sliced carrots
- 100g peas
- 500g beef
- 1 tablespoons of flour
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 150 ml broth
- Olive oil
- Sauce Worcestershire
- Chopped parsley
- grated cheese
- Peel the potatoes, cut them into small pieces and boil them in salted water.
- Drain the potatoes, put them in a bowl and mash them. Add milk, butter, salt and black pepper and puree.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and fry the minced meat. Add salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce and mix.
- Add onion, carrot, flour, peas and broth and boil for a few minutes. Add parsley and remove from the stove.
- Divide the meat mixture into the casserole dishes. Spread mashed potatoes on top. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and grated cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 180°C oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve Shepherd's Pie hot from the oven. Complete with a green salad or raw vegetables.