Yuvalaça Meatballs Made in MasterChef All Star: Here are Chef Fisun Ercan's Recipe and Tips
Tonight, in the MasterChef All Star competition, a dish will be cooked, interpreted by guest chef Fisun Ercan from Canada. Competitors will try to make nestlaça meatballs, a flavor specific to Izmir Seferihisar. Chef Fisun Ercan is a successful name who has written many cookbooks and received Canada's most prestigious award with his latest book. The chef's recipe for nestled meatballs and the tips he gave about the dish are in our news.
What is Yuvalaça Meatballs?
Yuvalaça meatballs are a dish prepared with ground beef, rice, eggs and flour, fried and then cooked in broth. Yulaça meatballs, one of the local flavors of Izmir Seferihisar, are served hot, especially in winter months. Yuvalaça meatballs are known for being both a satisfying and delicious dish.
Who is Chef Fisun Ercan?
Chef Fisun Ercan is a chef living in Canada and promoting Turkish cuisine. The chef, who received great acclaim with the Su Restaurant he opened in Montreal in 2007, opened a branch in Toronto in 2015. Chef Fisun Ercan brought Turkish food culture to Canada and won many awards. The chef's latest book, "Su: Turkish Cuisine", received a gold medal at the Taste Canada Awards, Canada's most important cookbook award.
Chef Fisun Ercan's Yuvalaça Meatballs Recipe
Fisun Ercan, who participated as a guest chef in the MasterChef All Star competition, taught the contestants how to make nestlaca meatballs. The chef explained the points and tips to consider when making nestlaca meatballs as follows:
- When making Yuvalaça meatballs, it is necessary to knead the minced meat, rice, salt and pepper thoroughly. In this way, the meatballs take a better shape and do not fall apart.
- You should not leave the meatballs waiting too long while dipping them in the egg. Otherwise, the egg will dry on the meatballs and crack while frying.
- You should not use too much flour when coating the meatballs in flour. Flour makes the meatballs crispy on the outside, but does not cook the inside.
- When frying meatballs, make sure the oil is very hot. This way, the outside of the meatballs will brown immediately and the inside will not remain raw.
- When adding meatballs to the broth, make sure the water is boiling. Thus, the meatballs absorb the water and become more delicious.
- When serving Yuvalaça meatballs, it is necessary to sprinkle chopped parsley on it. This would be a nice touch both in terms of appearance and taste.
How to Make Yuvalaça Meatballs?
According to the recipe given by Chef Fisun Ercan, the ingredients needed to make nestlaca meatballs and how to make them are as follows:
- 1 kg ground beef (low fat)
- 2 tea glass of rice
- 2 sweet spice salt
- 2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 4 pieces of eggs
- 2 water glass flour
- 3 cups of broth
- Oil for frying
- The minced meat is kneaded thoroughly with the added rice, black pepper and salt.
- When all the ingredients are blended, egg-sized pieces are cut from the mortar and shaped into ovals.
- Beat the egg in a bowl and dip the prepared meatballs into the egg.
- Meatballs dipped in egg are coated in flour and thrown into hot oil.
- Boil the broth aside.
- After frying, the meatballs are removed from the oil and thrown into the boiling broth.
- Close the lid and cook the meatballs over low heat for 10-15 minutes.
Yuvalaça meatballs are served hot. Enjoy your meal!