Is Friday, November 10, 2023 a Public Holiday? Here are the Holiday Days in 2023. November 10 is commemorated every year as the day when Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, the founder of the Republic of Turkey, passed away. November 10 falls on a Friday in 2023. For this reason, citizens are wondering whether November 10 is a public holiday. So, is Friday, November 10, 2023 a public holiday? What is the public holiday calendar? Here are the days that will be on holiday in 2023!
November 10 is not a public holiday
November 10 is Atatürk's Commemoration Day, and every year at 09:05, sirens sound and a moment of silence is observed throughout Turkey. However, November 10 is not among the public holidays. For this reason, official institutions and workplaces will be open on Friday, November 10, 2023.
Holiday Days in 2023
The public holiday calendar shows which days will be holidays and public institutions will be closed each year. The days that will be closed in 2023 are as follows:
- New Year's Eve: Sunday, January 1, 2023
- National Sovereignty and Children's Day: Sunday, April 23
- Labor and Solidarity Day: Monday, May 1
- Ramadan Feast Eve (Afternoon): Thursday, April 20, 2023
- Ramadan Feast: Friday-Sunday, 21-23 April 2023
- Commemoration of Atatürk, Youth and Sports Day: Friday, May 19
- Eid al-Adha Eve (Afternoon): Tuesday, June 27, 2023
- Eid al-Adha: Wednesday-Saturday, 28 June-1 July 2023
- Democracy Day: Saturday, July 15
- Victory Day: Wednesday, August 30
- Republic Day: Sunday, October 29
The public holidays calendar helps citizens make their plans. Public institutions and banks are closed on public holidays. Additionally, some workplaces allow their employees to take leave.