2023 Police Exam: Requirements and Application Process to Become a Police Officer
Details about the 2023 police exam, which is eagerly awaited by those who want to become a police officer, have begun to become clear. What conditions are required to take the police exam held annually by the Police Academy? How to apply for police service? Here are the requirements to become a police officer in 2023 and what you need to know about the police exam…
What Exams Do You Have to Take to Become a Police Officer?
Candidates who want to become police officers must first be a high school graduate or equivalent. In addition, getting the threshold score determined in the university exam is stated as a necessary condition to become a police officer. Applications for the police exam must be made between the dates announced every year by the Police Academy Presidency. The documents requested during the application must be completed in full and submitted online.
Candidates applying for the police exam are subjected to a three-stage exam: written, oral and physical proficiency. In the written exam, questions are asked about topics such as general knowledge, general ability, Turkish and mathematics. In the oral exam, candidates' personality characteristics, communication skills, motivation and suitability for the profession are evaluated. In the physical proficiency exam, candidates are expected to perform exercises such as running, sit-ups, push-ups and pull-ups at the specified standards.
What are the Requirements for Being a Police Officer in 2023?
The conditions for becoming a police officer remain the same in 2023. Candidates who want to become police officers must meet the following conditions:
- Being a citizen of the Republic of Turkey
- Being at least a high school graduate or equivalent
- Getting the threshold score determined from the university exam
- Being over 18 years of age and not less than 30 years old
- Being at least 167 cm tall for male candidates and at least 162 cm tall for female candidates
- The difference between the last two digits of your height in centimeters and your weight should not be more than 13 and not less than 17.
- Not having a health condition that prevents you from doing your job as a police officer
- Not have been convicted of or under investigation for any crime
- Not having any military service or not being of military age.
- Not having been previously expelled from police academies or dismissed from the police profession
- Having a moral and character structure suitable for the police profession