Aegean flavor in MasterChef: How to make bored soup?
In the last episode of MasterChef Turkey, the contestants were asked to cook a dish from the Aegean cuisine. One of these dishes was boring soup. Sizzling soup is known as a flavor specific to the Aegean Region. This soup is made with small balls of fine bulgur. People are curious about the ingredients and preparation of the boring soup, which takes its name from squeezing these balls by hand. So, how to make borek soup? Here is the recipe for borek soup, an Aegean flavor, in MasterChef.
Ingredients for boring soup
You will need the following ingredients to make this delicious soup:
- 1 glass of fine bulgur
- 3 tablespoons of tarhana
- 1 tablespoons of flour
- ½ cup dried mint
- 1 tea spoon black pepper
- 1 large onion
- 1 meal spoon tomato paste
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 bowl of yoghurt
How to make boring soup
To make borek soup, follow these steps:
- Take fine bulgur into a bowl and pour a tea glass of hot water over it. Let the bulgur sit for 10 minutes to swell.
- Add tarhana, flour, black pepper and mint on the bulgur. Knead the ingredients thoroughly and obtain a solid dough.
- Take ball-sized pieces from the dough, roll them and squeeze them lightly. Place the balls, which you call squishy, on a floured tray.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Chop the onion into small pieces and fry it in oil until it turns pink. Add the tomato paste and fry a little more.
- Add five glasses of water to the pot and let it boil. Slowly add the juices into the boiling water. Stir occasionally to prevent the balls from sticking together.
- Continue boiling over low heat until the jamuns are cooked. You can also add broth if you want.
- Crush the garlic and mix it with yoghurt. Pour over the soup.
- Serve hot. Enjoy your meal!