Izmir Bomb Show in MasterChef! Here's a Delicious Recipe You Can Make at Home
The dish requested by the chefs last night in the MasterChef program was the Izmir bomb. This delicious dessert fascinated the audience with its fluid chocolate and soft dough. So, what is the ingredient list and how to make it for those who want to make Izmir bomb at home? We researched the original Izmir bomb recipe and tips for you.
What is the Izmir Bomb?
Izmir bomb is one of the famous desserts of Izmir. It gets its name from the fact that the chocolate in the dough explodes when it enters the mouth. This dessert is usually sold on stalls by street vendors. However, it can also be easily done at home.
How to Make Izmir Bomb?
To make Izmir bomb, you first need to mix and knead the dough ingredients. It is important that the dough has a soft and non-sticky consistency. After resting the dough in the refrigerator, tear off walnut-sized pieces and roll them thinly. Put spreadable chocolate in the middle of the dough, join the edges and cut off the excess. Roll the dough and bake it in the oven. After cooking, you can sprinkle powdered sugar on it.
What to Pay Attention to When Making Izmir Bomb?
Here are some tips you should pay attention to when making Izmir bomb:
- Do not roll out the dough too thick. Otherwise, the chocolate may not melt or the dough may not cook.
- Freeze the chocolate in the freezer. This way, when you put it in the dough, it does not melt and maintains its shape.
- Preheat the oven and do not overcook the dough. Otherwise the dough may harden or the chocolate may burn.
- After removing the dough from the oven, let it cool slightly. If you eat it when it is too hot, you can burn your mouth.
Izmir Bomb Recipe Ingredients
The ingredients required for the Izmir bomb recipe are as follows:
For the dough:
- 1.5 water glass flour
- Half tea glass of oil
- 1.5 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- half glass of water
- 1 packaged vanilla
For the filling:
- Spreadable Chocolate
How to Make Izmir Bomb Recipe
Here's what you need to do for the Izmir bomb recipe:
- First of all, put the spreadable chocolate in 15 pieces on wax paper with the help of a spoon and freeze it in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Put all the dough ingredients in a deep bowl and knead until it reaches a soft dough that does not stick to the hand. Cover the kneaded dough and let it rest in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- Take walnut-sized pieces from the rested dough and roll them thinly.
- If the dough sticks to your hands, you can oil your hands with a little oil.
- Put the frozen chocolate in the middle, combine the dough and tear off the excess at the end.
- After rolling and shaping the dough in our hands, bake it in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 5-6 minutes.
- BON APPETIT!