Latest Earthquakes: List of Latest Earthquakes on Monday, October 9, 2023
The recent earthquake storm in our country has been making citizens uneasy. So, was there an earthquake? Where and what is the last zamWhat moment and magnitude of earthquake occurred? The latest earthquake data shared instantly by Kandilli Observatory and AFAD is in our news.
Was there an earthquake? Where and what were the last earthquakes zamwhat happened?
Earthquakes occurred in many parts of our country on Monday, October 9, 2023. The answer to the question "Was there an earthquake?" was revealed with the latest earthquake data shared by Kandilli Observatory and AFAD. According to the list of latest earthquakes, the biggest earthquake today is In Datça district of Muğla time 09:47'also 4.2 It was in size. Time after this earthquake 10:01'also in Seferihisar district of Izmir 3.5 Another magnitude earthquake was recorded.
How strong were the last earthquakes? Kandilli Observatory and AFAD latest earthquakes list
You can access the detailed list of the latest earthquakes that occurred on October 9, 2023, on the official websites of Kandilli Observatory and AFAD. The list of the latest earthquakes recorded moment by moment by Kandilli Observatory and AFAD is as follows:
How does an earthquake occur? What is an earthquake?
An earthquake is an event in which the energy that suddenly appears in the earth's crust spreads in the form of waves and shakes the surroundings and the earth. Earthquakes generally occur along fracture lines called faults in the earth's crust. Faults occur as a result of the plates forming the earth's crust moving relative to each other. The tension accumulated in the faults during the movement of the plates causes a rupture at some point. The energy released during this fracture spreads in the form of seismic waves. An earthquake is felt when seismic waves reach the earth.
How is an earthquake measured? What is the earthquake magnitude?
Earthquake magnitude is the measure of the energy released at the source of the earthquake. Various scales are used to determine earthquake magnitude. The most common of these Richter scaleis. The Richter scale determines the magnitude of an earthquake according to the amplitude of seismic waves recorded by instruments called seismographs. According to the Richter scale, as the magnitude of the earthquake increases by one unit, the energy of the earthquake increases approximately 32 increases times. For example, 5 An earthquake of magnitude 4 from an earthquake of approximately 32 It releases times more energy.
How to prevent earthquake? What are the ways to protect against earthquakes?
Since earthquake is a natural event, it is not possible to prevent it. However, some precautions can be taken to reduce the possible damages of the earthquake. Among these;
- To build strong and earthquake-resistant buildings in areas with high earthquake risk.
- Knowing and implementing what to do during and after an earthquake.
- Prepare an earthquake kit and keep it in an easily accessible place.
- Do not panic during an earthquake, stay calm and careful.
- During an earthquake, lie down next to sturdy objects or under objects such as tables or cabinets in closed areas.
- If you are outdoors during an earthquake, stay away from things that may fall or topple over, such as electric poles, trees, and buildings.
- Avoid entering damaged buildings and turning off gas, water and electricity valves after the earthquake.
- To follow the information coming from official sources and not to believe false news.
Measures such as: