What will the traffic be like on October 29 Republic Day? Here are the Closed Roads and Alternative Routes
October 29 Republic Day is celebrated as one of Turkey's biggest national holidays. Republic Day is the day when the establishment of the Republic of Türkiye was declared. Republic Day celebrates the victory of the Turkish nation's struggle for independence and democracy.
The enthusiasm of the 100th anniversary of Republic Day will be celebrated with events and ceremonies in all corners of the country, especially in Istanbul, Ankara and Izmir. Due to these events, some roads will be closed or restricted to traffic. For this reason, those who will hit the road on October 29, Republic Day, should be informed about closed roads and alternative routes.
Here is detailed information about the roads that will be closed to traffic and alternative routes on October 29, Republic Day...
Road Closures on Saturday, October 28
Some roads will be closed to traffic for the Greater Palestine Rally, which will be held on Saturday, October 28, with the participation of President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan. These ways are:
- New Airport Street Coastal Direction Istanbul Fair Center / World Trade Center Separation
- Ataturk Airport Gate B entrance and exit
- Variant Top in Front of Atatürk Airport Gate B
- Atatürk Airport Road, Ahtapot Junction Underpass, Vip Separations / C Gate, between Thy Cargo Terminal
- Secondary Road Connecting to New Airport Street from Bakırköy Mimar Basri Mete Street and Metro Station Street Junction
- New Airport Street Customs Bridge Entrances
- All Roads in the National Garden and the Connection Road from Yeşilköy Street to the National Garden
As an alternative to these roads, New Airport Street can be used.
Road Closures on Sunday, October 29
On Sunday, October 29, some roads will be closed to traffic as part of the October 29 Republic Day events. These ways are:
- Coastal road in front of Dolmabahçe Palace
- Taksim Square and surrounding roads
- European Side entrance of the Bosphorus Bridge
- Kadıköy Rıhtım Street and surrounding roads
- Bakırköy Coastal Road
As an alternative to these routes, the following routes can be used:
- For the coastal road in front of Dolmabahçe Palace, Barbaros Boulevard, Beşiktaş, Ortaköy, Arnavutköy, Bebek, Rumeli Fortress, Fatih Sultan Mehmet Bridge
- For Taksim Square and surrounding roads, Tarlabaşı Boulevard, Şişhane, Unkapanı, Eminönü, Sirkeci, Gülhane
- Kağıthane, Maslak, Levent, Zincirlikuyu, Gayrettepe, Mecidiyeköy for the European Side entrance of the Bosphorus Bridge
- For Kadıköy Rıhtım Street and surrounding roads, E-5 Highway, Göztepe, Bostancı, Maltepe, Kartal
- E-5 Highway for Bakırköy Coastal Road, Ataköy, Bahçelievler, Güngören