Komi is the person who works in the kitchen or service part of the restaurants and helps the cooks and waiters. There are two types of busboys, the service busboy and the kitchen busboy. The busboys working in the service section usually clear the table and assist the waiters. The busboys working in the kitchen work in the preparation stages of the meal.
What does Komi do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
Some of the duties of the busboys vary depending on where they work. Kitchen busboys assist the cooks during the preparation of the meal. The main duties of kitchen buskers are listed as follows;
- Carrying out the desired cutting or shredding operations related to vegetables, fruits, red meat and fish,
- To ensure that the cooking utensils on the oven or stove reach the desired temperature,
- To ensure that the kitchen complies with the rules of cleanliness and hygiene.
The duties of the busboys working in the service department are listed as follows;
- Helping waiters to get the products to be served,
- Following up the orders and informing the waiters,
- Collecting dirty plates, cutlery or knives.
What Training Do You Need To Become A Busboy?
There are two different ways to become a busboy. The first of these is that it is included in the master and apprentice relationship with the old method. With this method, the busboys work as a waiter or cook's assistant. Those who want to receive education in this field should complete the Tourism and Hotel Management or Gastronomy departments, which provide 2 years of education.
Features That Should Be in Nightstands
- Giving importance to cleanliness, hygiene and dress order,
- To have proper diction and effective oratory,
- To be suitable for teamwork,
- Having strong mental and physical strength to stand for long hours,
- To be smiling and willing to learn,
- To have a career goal in the service industry.
Komi Salaries 2022
As they progress in their careers, the positions they work in and the average salaries they receive are the lowest 5.970 TL, the average 7.470 TL, the highest 13.810 TL.