Stylist; actors, models, etc., who take part in advertisements, films or photo shoots. It is in charge of choosing clothes for people, determining accessories and preparing people for shooting. Stylist provides services for individuals, fashion houses and clothing brands.
What Does a Stylist Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
The job description of the stylist, one of the main responsibilities of which is to provide fashion advice, includes;
- Style consulting for celebrities, models or other public figures
- Creating a new style for individuals,
- To research the types of fabric and clothing accessories,
- To follow fashion designers,
- Participating in fashion shows
- To follow current, developing and changing regional and global trends in fashion and design,
- Collaborating with designers, tailors, models, photographers, hair and make-up artists, retailers, media and celebrities.
How to Become a Stylist
It is possible to become a stylist by graduating from the Textile and Fashion Design departments of universities, which accept students with a special talent exam. Certificate trainings are also available at home and abroad for people who are interested in the profession but are not graduates of the aforementioned department.
A Stylist Must Have
The stylist is expected to be able to determine what type of outfit to wear, taking into account the client's body type and the type of event they wish to attend. Other qualities of the stylist who are expected to have a creative perspective are;
- To have knowledge about fashion trends, color schemes,
- To have information about different body types and to dress them in the most stylish way,
- To be aware of the history of art, design and fashion,
- Demonstrate good interpersonal communication skills
- Developing creative and unconventional designs,
- To adapt to teamwork,
- No travel restrictions.
Stylist Salaries 2022
As stylists progress in their careers, the positions they work and the average salaries they receive are the lowest 11.050 TL, the average 13.810 TL, the highest 24.810 TL