A cook is a person who makes food to drink or eat using various methods. cooks; can work in places such as hotels, restaurants, buffets or cafeterias. They are often employed by private companies.
What does a cook do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
The most important task of the cooks is to prepare the food or drink. zamto ensure that it is presented instantly and beautifully. Apart from this, the duties and responsibilities of cooks in professional kitchens are listed as follows;
- Preparing orders in accordance with customers' requests,
- To obey the chef's orders and not to go beyond the rules set,
- Paying attention to occupational health and safety rules,
- To follow the developments related to food culture in the world and in Turkey,
- To be able to create standard plates,
- To be able to make all the items of the menu that do not require special expertise.
What Education Is Required To Become A Chef?
There are many different ways to become a cook. The first of these is the master-apprentice relationship, which is the oldest method. People who enter the kitchen as a busboy and gain experience for a long time are entitled to become a cook. Apart from this, people who have completed the 4-year Gastronomy and Culinary Arts undergraduate program of universities can work as a cook. Another method is to attend national and international certified courses that provide training on gastronomy.
A Chef's Required Qualities
Cooks may work very late at night, or they may start before it gets light. For this reason, cooks are expected to be ready for difficult working conditions both mentally and physically. Apart from this, other qualifications expected from cooks are listed as follows;
- Having a command of Turkish and world cuisine,
- Having completed or exempted from military service,
- have a good command of English,
- Giving importance to hygiene,
- Be prone to teamwork.
Chef Salaries 2022
As the cooks progress in their careers, the positions they work and the average salaries they receive are the lowest 7.760 TL, the average 9.700 TL, the highest 20.120 TL.