History teacher; It informs students about Turkish and world history in accordance with the curriculum of high schools and equivalent secondary education institutions prepared by the Ministry of National Education (MEB). History teachers can work in private courses with high schools and equivalent education institutions supervised by the Ministry of National Education.
What Does a History Teacher Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
The history teacher is expected to convey the civilization adventure of the Turks from Central Asia to Anatolia and the world history in general. Apart from all these, the history teacher has another set of responsibilities and is listed as follows;
- To use Turkish in accordance with the rules and the meaning world of the students,
- To follow the curriculum determined by the Ministry of National Education and to adapt it to the knowledge level of the students,
- To give advice to students among the novels and review books about history,
- To improve the knowledge level of students on history and to measure and evaluate their competence when deemed necessary,
- Identifying children with behavioral or learning problems and communicating with the guidance service and families,
- To ensure that the classroom environment is suitable for education.
What Education Is Required To Become A History Teacher?
In order to become a history teacher, it is necessary to graduate from the Department of History Teaching in the Education Faculties of universities. Those who graduated from the Department of History in the Faculties of Literature of the universities must complete the Secondary Education Field Teaching Master's program or the Pedagogical Formation program prepared in cooperation with the Higher Education Council (YÖK) and the Ministry of National Education. History teachers who have passed the Public Personnel Selection Examination (KPSS) and are successful can work in public schools. In addition, history teachers can work as paid teachers.
Features that a History Teacher Should Have
- To follow modern education and training methods,
- To understand the academic differences and needs of students,
- To provide the classroom environment necessary for good and effective learning,
- To develop students' thinking and learning abilities.
History Teacher Salaries 2022
As they progress in their careers, the positions they hold and the average salaries they receive are the lowest 5.500 TL, the average 6.590 TL, and the highest 14.000 TL.