Mathematics teacher helps students develop their critical thinking abilities by making them understand mathematical concepts. He can teach at different educational levels from kindergarten to university.
What Does a Mathematics Teacher Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
The professional responsibilities of a mathematics teacher vary according to the age of the student he teaches. The general responsibilities of professional professionals can be grouped under the following headings;
- To teach mathematical terminology and formulas,
- To help students develop mathematical problem-solving skills and strategies,
- To make students realize that mathematics helps other scientific skills,
- To prepare, develop and execute a lesson plan that reflects the curriculum and the state's basic education standards,
- Adapting the mathematics education curriculum according to individual needs to meet students' needs,
- To evaluate the academic and social development of students,
- Proactively communicating student progress to families,
- To evaluate whether students' mathematical knowledge and skills meet the targeted course standards,
- Designing instructional materials to sustain students' interest in the subject,
- Establishing and maintaining student behavior standards.
What Education Is Required To Become A Mathematics Teacher?
In order to become a mathematics teacher, it is necessary to graduate with a bachelor's degree from the mathematics teaching department, which provides four-year education. In addition, individuals who graduated from the Department of Mathematics - Computer and Mathematics Engineering are also entitled to this professional title by taking pedagogical formation.
Features that a Mathematics Teacher Should Have
The mathematics teacher is expected to apply educational methodologies that will enable the whole class to actively participate in the lesson by observing the differences of the students. Other qualities that employers look for in a math teacher include:
- Being selfless and patient
- To be able to develop alternative education methods that can involve students in the learning process,
- To have verbal communication skills to transfer information effectively,
- himself and others zamto manage the moment
- No military obligation for male candidates; have completed their duty, suspended or be exempted.
Math Teacher Salaries 2022
The positions they hold and the average salaries of those working as a Mathematics Teacher as they progress in their careers are the lowest 5.520 TL, the average 7.860 TL, the highest 14.320 TL.