The editor-in-chief is responsible for managing the written communication channels and ensuring the functioning of periodicals such as newspapers and magazines, and public institutions such as courthouses and municipalities. It sets the tone, editorial direction and policies of the publication.
What Does a Editor-in-Chief Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
Basic responsibility; Other responsibilities of the editor-in-chief, who are to undertake the writing duties if necessary and to ensure smooth and continuous communication between all departments, are as follows;
- Managing and supervising printed publications, website content and internal correspondence,
- Reviewing all content and photos for accuracy and relevance, making suggestions to improve them when necessary,
- To determine the writing rules and style for the publisher or institution, to ensure that the content produced is suitable for this style,
- Managing the publication or department financially,
- To provide written distribution of duties to the personnel of the departments in which he is the manager in state institutions, to follow up the work of the civil servants,
- Ensuring the regular preparation of official correspondence,
- To fulfill the duties assigned to him by the legislation and administrative authorities,
- Attending all editorial board meetings,
- To establish effective communication and cooperation to carry out the work of the editorial board.
How to Become a Editor-in-Chief?
The common criterion to be fulfilled to be a managing editor in a private or public institution is to graduate with a bachelor's degree from a four-year university. In government institutions, there are requirements for appointment or promotion to serve as editor-in-chief. These conditions differ between institutions.
Required Features in Editorial Manager
- To be able to perform team management and work,
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Demonstrate expertise in mass media,
- Ability to work under stress
- determined zamTo be able to deliver work within the time frame.
Registrar Salary 2022
As they progress in their careers, the positions they hold and the average salaries of those working in the position of Editor-in-Chief are the lowest 7.410 TL, the average 11.750 TL, the highest 16.810 TL.