The laboratory staff is responsible for performing the medical and chemical analysis processes performed in the laboratories and the tasks assigned to him by the relevant management unit.
What Does a Laboratory Staff Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
- Taking samples of body fluids such as urine and blood,
- To make the input and quality controls of the samples,
- Labeling and controlling the samples taken,
- Ensuring that blood samples are collected and processed in accordance with the principles of asepsis,
- In the textile sector; Carrying out physical and chemical tests such as sweat fastness, water fastness, saliva fastness, PH,
- Taking part in the tests carried out to determine the necessary chemical combination for the preparation of vaccines and serums,
- Utilizing special electrical and mechanical devices such as microscopes, densitometers and spectrometers for analysis,
- To report all tests and analyzes performed,
- Preparing and transmitting test results to present to the doctor or other health personnel,
- Maintaining and calibrating laboratory equipment,
- Sterilizing laboratory equipment and workspace,
- Coordinating the orders of consumables needed in the laboratory,
- Assisting other laboratory personnel when needed,
- Ensuring the protection of patient information,
- To ensure that devices and all activities carried out in the laboratory are carried out in accordance with the existing quality, procedures and instructions,
- Notifying the laboratory engineer of the situation when an unsuitable product is detected.
How to Become a Laboratory Staff?
In order to be a laboratory staff, it is required to graduate from a technical high school or vocational school, Chemical Technology, Food Technician and related departments.
Features Required in a Laboratory Staff
- Having advanced observation skills and paying attention to details,
- Demonstrate effective communication skills,
- To show a tendency to cooperation and teamwork,
- Having the ability to think analytically,
- To behave in accordance with professional ethics.
Laboratory Staff Salaries 2022
As the laboratory staff progresses in their careers, the positions they work and the average salaries they receive are the lowest 5.500 TL, the average 6.420 TL, the highest 11.910 TL.