Radiology technician; He is the person who provides shooting with the machines used for ultrasound, x-ray, computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging and mammography. Radiology is a field that serves more than one clinical department. It is extremely important for diagnosis and treatment.
What Does a Radiology Technician Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
Doctors make a diagnosis based on patients' complaints. According to the instructions given by the doctors after the diagnosis, the film of certain parts of the patient's body is also taken by the radiology technicians. The main duties of radiology technicians are:
- Positioning the patient to be x-rayed in a suitable position on the x-ray table,
- Placing the patient to be x-rayed and the x-ray tube in the section to the area where the film will be taken, and taking the film using the right button,
- To develop the film after taking the x-ray film,
- Filing and editing movies,
- Ensuring that the film is delivered to the relevant services,
- To prepare laboratory statistics and to ensure that the archive is organized.
How to Become a Radiology Technician?
Radiology technicians who can work in public or private hospitals must be competent to work with tools and machines. In order to obtain correct results, the devices must be used correctly. People who are interested in mechanical issues, know their responsibilities to the patient, and have well-developed hand and eye coordination can choose this profession.
What Education Is Required To Become A Radiology Technician?
To become a Radiology Technician, universities have to graduate from the Department of Radiology.
Radiology Technician Salaries 2022
The positions they work in and the average salaries of those working in the position of Radiology Technician as they progress in their careers are the lowest 5.500 TL, the average 5.740 TL, the highest 9.370 TL.