Forest engineer; works on the protection, improvement, development of forests and combating erosion. Most of the forest engineers serve on a permanent basis under the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry. What is a Forest Engineer, What Does He Do, How to Become? Forest Engineer Salaries 2022
What Does a Forest Engineer Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
The job description of forest engineers covers many different areas. Forest engineers working in the state with the Public Personnel Selection Examination (KPSS); It determines forest areas, works in the mapping department, determines areas where afforestation can be made, carries out vaccination activities, takes part in the rehabilitation of deteriorated or deformed forest tissue, and prepares disaster relief plans.
Forest engineers also work in industrial forest enterprises. Subjects such as the improvement of industrial forests operating in the private sector, programmed cutting and planting operations and the cultivation of the needed tree varieties are among the responsibilities of the forest engineer.
Apart from these, the responsibilities of forest engineers are as follows:
- To prepare macro and micro plans for forest protection,
- To carry out studies on the improvement of forest environmental conditions,
- Creating checklists and making them available to other officials, such as forest guards,
- Natural disasters such as fire zammoment to intervene and fight,
- Gathering information for areas such as bridges and culverts to be built on the forest area,
- It works on the routes of the main and secondary roads to be built in the forests.
How to Become a Forest Engineer?
In order to become a forest engineer, it is required to graduate from a 4-year "Forest Engineering" department of universities with a bachelor's degree. The Department of Forestry Engineering is usually found in the Faculty of Forestry of universities.
Features Required in a Forest Engineer
Forest engineers must have special skills as they often go out into the field and work in challenging weather conditions. At the beginning of these, of course, comes the right and fast decision making even under stress. Other qualifications that employers look for in forest engineers are as follows;
- Managing the team,
- Making a plan and having it implemented by the units working under the plans,
- To be compatible with physical conditions,
- Having strong reasoning ability
- No military service for male candidates,
- No travel restrictions.
Forest Engineer Salaries 2022
As they progress in their careers, the positions they work in and the average salaries of those working in the position of Forest Engineer are the lowest 5.500 TL, the average 7.410 TL, the highest 16.330 TL.