meteorological engineer; uses scientific research and mathematical models to study the atmosphere and make predictions about weather and conditions. It enables the predictions made to be interpreted and applied to daily life.
What Does a Meteorology Engineer Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
- To study the physical and chemical properties of the atmosphere,
- Collecting data from sources such as surface or upper weather stations, satellites, weather bureaus or radar for use in meteorological reports or forecasts,
- Interpreting data, reports, maps, photographs or graphics to predict long or short range weather conditions.
- To make numerical simulations of climatic conditions to understand and predict global or regional weather conditions,
- Preparing forecasts or briefings for industry, government or other relevant organisations.
- Analyze past climate information, such as precipitation and temperature records, to predict future weather or climate trends.
- Ensuring that severe weather warnings are transmitted to the news media and related organizations,
- global warming for certain geographic regions. zamto investigate its effects in the moment,
- To measure wind, temperature and humidity in the upper atmosphere using air balloons,
- Designing and developing new equipment and methods for meteorological data collection, remote sensing or related applications,
- Investigating the impact of industrial projects on climate, air quality or weather phenomena.
How to Become a Meteorological Engineer?
In order to become a meteorological engineer, it is necessary to graduate with a bachelor's degree from the Meteorological Engineering Departments of the universities, which provide four-year education.
Features Required in Meteorology Engineer
- To have the ability to think critically,
- Demonstrate the ability to produce solutions in the face of problems,
- To exhibit careful and detailed approaches in their analyzes,
- Having mathematical skills
- Being open to development and learning,
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills,
- Demonstrate the ability to understand and evaluate complex data.
Meteorology Engineer Salaries 2022
The average monthly salary of a Meteorology Engineer is 11.687,5 TL. The lowest Meteorology Engineer salary is 5500 TL, and the highest is 17.875 TL.