Landscape technician is a person who works in fields such as the construction, maintenance and landscaping of parks and gardens. Landscape technicians also provide the application of plans for various park and garden arrangements to the land and the creation of lawn areas. In recent years, it is one of the occupational groups whose importance has increased due to the need for arranging residential areas with the dimension of urbanization. Landscape technicians are zamAlthough they sometimes work in an office environment, they are generally the people who carry out their activities in open fields and are responsible for the construction of parks and gardens and landscaping. Landscape architects communicate with urban planners, agricultural and forestry engineers, workers and managers during their work.
What Does a Landscape Technician Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
Landscape technicians are responsible for carrying out landscaping activities with materials such as drawing tools, soil tillage and leveling tools, as well as computers. Some of the responsibilities they must fulfill are as follows:
- Choosing ornamental plants suitable for the environment,
- Sowing the selected plants according to the season,
- Assisting the landscape architect in the planning and execution of activities such as fertilizing, pruning and watering the planted plants,
- Working in jobs such as the production and marketing of various ornamental plants,
- To take environmental protection measures,
- To carry out activities in accordance with occupational health and safety.
What It Takes to Become a Landscape Technician
In order to become a landscape technician, you must study in the departments of "Park and Horticulture" or "Landscape and Ornamental Plants" within the vocational schools of universities. After graduating from two-year programs, you can apply to landscape technician positions. Landscape technicians can work in public institutions and private sector organizations.
What Education Is Required To Become A Landscape Technician?
You can receive basic training on the profession of landscape technician in the departments of "Park and Horticulture" or "Landscape and Ornamental Plants" within the scope of two-year associate degree programs. Some of the courses given in these departments can be listed as follows:
- plant ecology and physiology,
- drawing technique,
- Fertilization, irrigation, protection and marketing of ornamental plants,
- disease of ornamental plants,
- Material information,
- lawn plant,
Landscape Technician Salaries 2022
As they progress in their careers, the positions they work and the average salaries of the Landscape Technician position are the lowest 5.500 TL, the average 5.900 TL, the highest 6.870 TL.