A veterinarian examines the medical conditions of pets, farm animals and other animals, diagnoses and treats their diseases.
What Does a Veterinarian Do, What Are His Duties?
The main task of the veterinarian is to treat animal injuries and diseases through various medical equipment, including surgical procedures, x-ray and ultrasound equipment. Other responsibilities of professional professionals are;
- Vaccination of animals against diseases and infections,
- Examining animals to diagnose health problems
- Taking body tissue, blood, urine samples for examination and analysis,
- To restore animals to their health by surgical or medical treatment,
- To prevent or treat diseases such as rabies and brucella by testing animals,
- Euthanasia of elderly and terminally ill animals,
- Advising animal owners on health precautions, nutrition and general care,
- Conducting research to determine the causes of animal deaths,
- Examining animal shelters to determine their cleanliness and competence,
- Keeping animal records and reporting diseases to public health officials,
- To inform the public about diseases that can be transmitted from animals to humans,
- To provide a quarantine environment in accordance with current regulations in order to prevent the spread of diseases to other animals or humans,
- To follow up-to-date information on veterinary practices,
- Working in accordance with the ethical rules of the profession
How to Become a Veterinarian?
- Having dexterity to perform surgical maneuvers,
- Listening to the concerns of animal owners and being able to empathize,
- Having the verbal communication ability to clearly explain what the diagnosis is and how to apply the treatment, as well as being able to determine the help the animal needs by meeting with the animal owners,
- Demonstrate problem-solving ability
Veterinarian Salaries 2022
The lowest Veterinarian Salary received in 2022 was determined as 5.600 TL, the average Veterinarian Salary was 9.900 TL, and the highest Veterinarian Salary was 20.900 TL.