The first aid trainer gives training to students or trainees about the practices to be done in order to save life or prevent the situation from getting worse in cases such as accident, sudden illness, drowning, poisoning and injury.
What Does a First Aid Trainer Do, What Are Their Duties?
First aid trainer; can work in driving school, private school, first aid training center, public and private sector. The responsibilities of professional professionals whose job descriptions differ depending on the institution they work for are as follows;
- To ensure that the training materials needed in the first aid course are readily available,
- To explain the subjects in the curriculum theoretically,
- To introduce the equipment to be used during first aid,
- To show how to use first aid materials such as tourniquets, dressings and plasters,
- To teach various first aid techniques such as opening the airway, heart massage,
- To ensure that all equipment used is cleaned and stored in accordance with the procedures,
- Preparing the plans of the lessons and keeping the records of the work done,
How to Become a First Aid Instructor?
In order to become a first aid trainer, it is necessary to fulfill the following conditions;
- To graduate from various health branches such as nurses, health officers, medical laboratory technicians, dieticians, midwives, pharmacists, determined by the Ministry of Health, of high schools or universities,
- Completing First Aid Trainer Training program at various academies or training centers,
- To be entitled to receive a First Aid Instructor certificate at the end of the training.
Persons who want to become First Aid Instructors must have certain qualifications;
- To have knowledge about human anatomy,
- Demonstrate problem-solving ability
- To be successful in human relations,
- Demonstrate planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills,
- Having the ability to think analytically,
- Demonstrate the ability to cope with stressful and emotional situations,
- To behave in accordance with professional ethics.
First Aid Instructor Salaries 2022
The lowest First Aid Instructor salary received in 2022 is 5.200 TL, the average First Aid Instructor salary is 5.900 TL, and the highest First Aid Instructor salary is 9.800 TL.