A computer teacher is a professional educator with competence in computer science and related technological fields, who teaches students the fundamentals of computer software and hardware.
What Does a Computer Teacher Do, What Are Their Duties?
A computer teacher may work in primary and secondary education institutions, training academies or companies with continuing education programs. The responsibilities of professional professionals whose job descriptions differ depending on the institution they work for are as follows;
- To organize lesson plans suitable for the age and abilities of the students in the class,
- Integrating the core academic curriculum into specific lesson plans
- To provide appropriate resources and learning materials for students,
- To teach primary school students computer literacy and use,
- Teaching coding to secondary school students,
- Assigning special projects to students,
- Evaluating student performance,
- Notifying parents of students who need extra support,
- Encouraging students' creativity
- Ensuring proper operation of computer equipment,
- Keeping up-to-date professional information about changes and advances in computer technology,
- To request up-to-date hardware and software programs from the administration to use in the classroom,
- Ensuring that the internet in the classroom is used only for appropriate educational purposes.
How to Become a Computer Teacher?
- Having competence in computer technologies,
- To be able to create various teaching styles that facilitate one-to-one and group learning activities,
- strong organization and zamdemonstrate moment management ability,
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- be patient and selfless
Computer Teacher Salaries 2022
The lowest Computer Teacher salary received in 2022 was determined as 5.200 TL, the average Computer Teacher salary was 6.400 TL, and the highest Computer Teacher salary was 11.000 TL.