Voiceover Artist; is the person who sings the speeches of movies, TV series or commercials in the studio environment. Voice-over Artists are needed in the dubbing process of movies that are generally prepared in foreign languages in Turkey. Depending on the fields, the sound features sought by the Voice Over Artists may also change. For example, Voiceover Artists who will read audio books prepared for the visually impaired; It is expected that he will not experience problems such as loss of diction or stuttering while speaking for a long time without interruption. In addition, Voiceover Artists who will work in public institutions must get enough points to be appointed from the KPSS (Public Personnel Selection Exam).
What does a voice actor do, what are his duties?
- Paying attention to diction and emphasis,
- To do the necessary research on the character to be voiced,
- Working on the details of the flow of speech, such as intonation,
- Preparing the texts as a whole,
- To do research on special voice-over areas such as commercials or TV series,
- Taking precautions against diseases that will affect the voice.
How to Become a Voice Over Artist?
People who want to be a Voice Over Artist must have certain qualifications;
- Being disciplined and hardworking
- Being able to speak at least one foreign language fluently,
- To have high communication skills,
- Having more than one tone of voice
- To be knowledgeable about acting.
Voice Actors Salaries 2022
The lowest Voice Artist salary received in 2022 was determined as 5.400 TL, the highest Voice Artist salary was 6.400 TL, and the highest Voice Artist salary was 7.800 TL.