Obstetrician is the professional title given to doctors who diagnose and treat gynecological diseases and provide medical care to women related to pregnancy or childbirth.
What Does a Gynecologist Do, What Are His Duties?
The main professional responsibilities of the obstetrician, who is specialized on female reproductive systems such as the uterus, ovaries, and vagina, are as follows;
- To record the patient's medical history by collecting patient information such as reports and examination results,
- To care and treat women before, during and after childbirth,
- Performing cesarean section or other surgical procedures when necessary to protect women's health and ensure the safe delivery of babies,
- Prescribing and administering medication and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent a disease
- Explaining medical procedures or test results to patients or family members
- Monitoring patients' condition and progress and re-evaluating treatments as needed.
- Referring patients to other specialists if the disease is associated with another medical problem,
- To inform community members about hygiene and disease prevention,
- Preparing reports on birth, death and disease statistics or the medical condition of individuals,
- To improve himself regularly by learning advanced treatment methods.
Gynecologist How to be?
In order to become a Gynecologist, there is a requirement to graduate from the Faculties of Medicine, which provides six-year education, with a bachelor's degree. After the undergraduate period, it is necessary to be entitled to start the five-year residency period by successfully passing the Medical Specialization Education Entrance Exam.
- Ability to work under intense stress
- Being able to work during different working hours, including at night,
- To be able to exhibit an empathetic attitude towards patients,
- To have verbal communication ability to explain birth or disease stages.
Obstetrician Salary 2022
The lowest Obstetrician salary received in 2022 was determined as 16.000 TL, the average Obstetrician's salary was 26.500 TL, and the highest Obstetrician's salary was 45.300 TL.