Nursing home nurse is the person who takes care of the health and care of the people who stay in the nursing home and need care. Nursing home nurses work to improve the quality of life of individuals staying in nursing homes.
What Do Nursing Home Nurses Do, What Are Their Duties?
Nursing home nurse is among the important professions in the field of health and has various duties to provide care for people. These tasks can be listed as follows;
- Carrying out daily care of people living in nursing homes,
- To determine the needs of people within the scope of health and to put forward related studies,
- To perform nursing services in full and to control the quality of the service provided,
- To monitor the health status of people living in nursing homes,
- To apply and control the daily and monthly treatments given by the doctors,
- Keeping patient and employee safety under control,
- To keep the health and safety of individuals in nursing homes under control in extraordinary situations.
How to Become a Nursing Home Nurse?
People who want to be nursing home nurses can follow two different paths. The first is to complete a 4-year undergraduate education in the field of nursing and to become a nursing home nurse by being employed in nursing homes. The second is to study health care services, which is a 2-year associate degree. By reading this section, people can turn to the subject of elder care and become a nursing home nurse.
To become a nursing home nurse, it is necessary to graduate from the nursing departments of universities. In nursing departments, people receive training in related and different fields. Among the trainings received are:
- general psychology
- Communication in Nursing
- patient education
- Internal and surgical diseases education
- public health education
Nursing Home Nurse Salaries 2022
The lowest Nursing Home Nurse salary received in 2022 was determined as 5.200 TL, the average Nursing Home Nurse salary was 6.200 TL, and the highest Nursing Home Nurse salary was 6.700 TL.