An editor plans, reviews and revises content for publication in books, newspapers, magazines or websites.
What Does an Editor Do, What Are Their Duties?
- Reviewing fiction ideas and deciding which materials will most appeal to readers.
- Evaluate content from authors to decide which texts to edit for publication.
- To reshape the text by staying true to the author's style in order to make it easier for the readers to understand,
- To verify the history and statistics in the text using reference sources,
- Arranging digital media broadcast content according to broadcast style and policy,
- Reviewing and editing digital media content, drafts of books and articles, providing comments and suggesting titles to improve the text,
- Checking the compatibility of the text to be included in the digital media with the image,
- Designer, photographer, advertising representative, writer, artist, etc. to communicate and cooperate with
- Ensuring that the published content complies with copyright laws,
- To comply with ethical rules,
- Working within deadlines and budget.
How to Become an Editor?
To be an editor, universities have to graduate from the Faculties of Arts and Sciences and related Social Sciences. However, in order to be successful in the profession, personal experience and competence play an important role in addition to the educational requirement.
- Being creative, curious and knowledgeable in various subjects,
- Have strong language skills to ensure that all content uses correct grammar, punctuation and syntax.
- Working with a focus on detail to ensure that the text is error-free and matches the style of a publication.
- Have communication skills to work with the author or as part of a team.
Editor Salaries 2022
The lowest Editorial salary received in 2022 was determined as 5.300 TL, the average Editorial salary was 6.300 TL, and the highest Editorial salary was 9.800 TL.