When we first open our eyes to the world, we start life with breath. In infancy and early childhood, we breathe correctly by nature. The reason why babies' voices are not muted even when they cry at a very high tone is because they know how to breathe properly. ZamWith the effect of emotional changes such as stress, excitement, joy and panic, we forget to breathe properly and change our breathing zone, and this can lead to a decrease in our quality of life, to feel unwell both emotionally and physically and even to experience health problems.
Due to the coronavirus epidemic that has been going on both in the world and in our country for more than a year, many people have been in their homes for a long time. zamis having a moment. Being at home all the time and managing everything from home and staying away from social life, nature and activities can lead to consequences such as anxiety, stress and depression after a while. At this point, it is very important to keep both physical and mental health in balance. One of the simplest and most effective ways to achieve this is to learn to breathe correctly and to make it a habit.
Benefits of Breathing Correctly
We can make progress at many points in our life, even by simply changing our breathing habits and learning to breathe correctly.
When we breathe correctly;
- The immune system is strengthened and our resistance to diseases increases. Because every part of the body can get as much oxygen as it needs.
- Managing weight becomes easier. You are more likely to stay healthy and at your ideal weight.
- Holistic well-being is also reflected in the skin. The skin glows with health.
- Sleep pattern will be much better quality. Problems such as difficulty falling asleep or feeling sluggish despite sleeping for a long time disappear. By learning to breathe correctly, your transition to an efficient and ideal sleep pattern will be easier.
- The body that gets enough oxygen stays young and alive. The aging process is prolonged.
- Your memory and focus get to the point where it surprises you. Because, thanks to your correct breathing habits, you can stay in the moment and reduce your stress level, and you can easily focus on the things you need to focus on at that moment.
- When you make a habit of breathing correctly, you can also observe that your creativity increases. You can start to develop great ideas on issues that you can't find as good ideas as you want after thinking for a long time.
- You can manage situations such as stress, anxiety, depression much better. While you are on the way to breathing correctly, you may feel that your stress has decreased and you have come out of depression. Because physical and mental health are interconnected. While good things are happening in your body, your soul will not be unresponsive to this progress.
Breathing from the Abdomen
Close your eyes slightly and once you get into a comfortable position, place one hand on your chest and the other on your stomach. Breathe in your natural flow, but focus on your breathing as you do so. When applying this method, it is very important that you inflate your diaphragm, not your chest. Having your hands in the areas where you breathe will help you feel the flow of breath and check whether you are breathing correctly.
You can practice this breathing exercise every day for 6 to 10 minutes. Thus, you can regulate your heartbeat, blood pressure and blood pressure.
In this breathing exercise, it is very important to breathe through your nose. Count to four as you breathe in. Count to four as you exhale. ZamYou can also move four seconds to six and eight second intervals at a time. You can apply this breathing exercise especially when you feel nervous and stressed. Thus, you can relax your nervous system in a short time.
One of the basic things we need in every moment of life is balance. This is where the alternating breathing exercise comes into play. To practice this breathing exercise, which gives peace and balance in the long term when applied correctly and regularly, first close your right nostril with your right thumb and breathe. Then slowly exhale. This time, close your left nostril and repeat the application in reverse. You can continue the exercise in sets by closing and opening your left and right nostrils one after the other.
This breathing technique will also help you clear your breathing channels and open your nose.
This exercise, also known as Skull Shining Breath, is very effective in awakening the brain and increasing body temperature. same zamAt the same time, it gives movement by working the abdominal region.
To practice this breathing technique, take a long, slow breath and exhale strongly, keeping your focus on your lower abdomen. You can do this routine in 1 sets at 2-10 second intervals.
4-7-8 x 7 Breathing Exercise
We often have to deal with feelings such as anxiety, fear, worry during the day. In such moments, you can take advantage of the power of 4-7-8×7 breathing exercises to relax.
While doing this exercise, count to 4 and breathe through your nose. Then hold your breath, count to 7 and exhale slowly through your mouth as you count to 8. When you do this in 7 sets, you may notice that you are relaxed and your worries are reduced.