With the coronavirus pandemic, masks have become a part of life for the last 1 year. It is very important to use a mask to avoid Covid-19 infection. Sometimes the masks that need to be worn throughout the day are made of synthetic material and the wrong use is on the skin.zamIt can cause problems such as a or acne. Professor of Dermatology at Memorial Şişli and Ataşehir Hospitals. Dr. Necmettin Akdeniz gave information about the skin diseases triggered by the wrong use of masks.
In particular, wearing and taking off masks and not using appropriate masks can exacerbate skin diseases. Wearing a mask in the Covid process is very important and necessary for health. Despite this requirement, wearing a face mask can be extremely uncomfortable for people with sensitive skin and individuals with facial skin diseases. The eg formed face due to wearing a maskzamMany people have been applying to a doctor recently due to a and acne disorders.
Your mask should not be too loose or tight
Temperature and humidity changes are usually both egzambear both exacerbate acne. In this case, wearing a mask can also exacerbate these diseases. If the mask is too loose or too tight, it may cause friction; friction and contact is also egzamIncreases bear and acne. All these effects acne and egzamIt may make the treatment of the moment difficult and require a different planning.
EgzamA symptoms may become severe
Masks worn to protect against Covid-19 infection can cause itching, mild or severe irritation due to friction on the face. This is egzamIt may cause skin diseases such as a or exacerbation of existing ones. This condition on the skin can cause itching, redness, dryness, scaling and dandruff on the skin. Also eg in personzamIf there is, the symptoms may be exacerbated, and a wider spread can be observed with watering and crusting blisters.
Masks can cause 'MASKACNE'
As you breathe, a moist environment is created under the mask. The moist environment caused by the mask irritates the skin and causes the bacteria to multiply there, causing acne. In fact, acne due to mask, acne formation was named as "MASKAKNE" and entered the medical literature with coronavirus disease. In the maskacne table, acne consists of red and inflamed pimples and does not pass easily. Simple pimples can turn into deeper and scarring pimples.
Pay attention to these when using masks
When using a mask, some important points should be considered;
- ?? A mask with an adjustable strap and the bending of the wire part of the mask to the bridge of the nose and tightly fit it reduces friction.
- ?? The material and quality of the mask is also important; Soft natural fabrics such as cotton, bamboo and silk should be preferred for sensitive skin. Synthetic and polyester masks should not be chosen.
- ?? The old and worn masks whose structure deteriorates due to the frequent wearing and removal of the masks can also cause damage to the skin. For this reason, masks with damaged texture should be replaced frequently with new ones.
- ?? Care should be taken that the rubbers used in the mask are not allergic. Tires containing latex can cause severe reactions in sensitive individuals and even anaphylaxis, shock and loss of life in latex allergy sufferers.
- ?? Masks worn behind the ear should not be particularly tight. Stretched mask rubber and threads are irritating in the ear egzama, allergic egzamcan cause scarring and severe pain.
- ?? A mask worn by someone else should never be used.
- ?? Masks can be removed in safe environments to soothe the skin. If possible, at certain times, the mask should be removed for at least 15 minutes in open air without anyone around or in well-ventilated closed areas.
- ?? Care should be taken for the health of the skin and care should be taken to eliminate the irritation. The face should be washed twice a day with cleaners suitable for the skin and care should be taken with restorative creams. Moisturizing with light moisturizers containing ceramide and hyaluronic acid and protection with appropriate barrier creams.
- ?? Intense makeup both egzamThis application should be avoided as the bear will increase both acne.
- It is vital to comply with mask, distance and hygiene rules in order to protect against pandemic and attention must be paid. The mask used must be made of material that will not harm the skin and must be worn correctly. In case of skin problems, help should be sought from a physician specialized in dermatology.