Dietitian and Life Coach Tuğba Yaprak gave information on the subject.
What is Edema?
Edema is a health problem caused by the inability to excrete the excess salt in the body caused by the excess fluid leaking from the vein into the tissues. Edema causes swelling in the legs, feet, arms and hands as a result of excessive fluid accumulation in the tissues. The drugs used, pregnancy process, heart, liver and kidney diseases cause an increase in edema in the body.
Why does it happen?
- Staying still in the same position for too long
- Consuming excessively salty
- Hormonal change process
- High blood pressure medications, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, steroids, and estrogens can cause increased edema.
Is it a Symptom of Disease?
Edema in the body may be a symptom of heart, liver, kidney and thyroid diseases. In these diseases, edema usually occurs in the legs due to the effect of gravity. At night, depending on the body in the horizontal body, the edema in the legs spreads to the whole body. The reason why you feel swelling even on your face when you wake up in the morning is due to the spread of edema in your legs throughout the night. If you have excessive edema problem, the heart, liver, adrenal glands and thyroid should be checked.
What Foods Are Good for Payment?
Water: Vital water is very important for edema removal. Drinking 30-33 ml of water per kilogram will make it easier for you to get rid of edema in your body.
Parsley: Parsley, which is a very good vitamin C, facilitates the excretion of edema. Parsley, which is especially consumed in the morning, has a diuretic feature. You can boil the parsley and consume its water and itself during the day.
Cucumber: Thanks to its rich water content, it is beneficial in providing the water that the body needs, thus preventing the body's water attitude.
Green tea: Thanks to its rich antioxidant content, it is very effective in accelerating metabolism and removing edema.
Pineapple: It is a powerful edema remover thanks to the antioxidants, enzymes and minerals it contains. You can include 1 thin slice in your daily diet.
What Are The Ways To Get Rid Of Payment?
- In order to get rid of edema, the amount of salt should be done at a minimal level. The consumption of foods with high salt content such as pickles, nuts, chips and crackers should be limited.
- Care should be taken to drink enough fluids during the day. Especially drinking enough water will make it easier for you to get rid of the edema in your body.
- You should drink 2-3 cups of herbal teas a day without sugar and without sugar.
- Consumption of fruits and vegetables with high fiber content should be emphasized. Care should be taken to consume sufficient amount of fruits and vegetables during the day.
- Daily physical activity level should be increased. When the daily movement decreases, there is an increase in edema in the body. Therefore, daily physical activity should be increased as much as possible.
- If you have excessive caffeine consumption, it should be limited. You should not drink more than 3 cups of coffee a day.
- The consumption of packaged foods should be avoided.