Dietician Salih Gürel gave important information about the subject. While cooking most zamThe focus is on ingredients, how they are eaten and how much they are eaten. So, does it really mean anything after the food that comes your way is not cooked correctly?
Unless you cook it right, people will turn out bad food and no matter how good ingredients you use to those bad dishes, zameat at the right time and in the right amount zamyou will not get the effect you dream of the moment.
The subject I want to share with you is to provide information about the correct and healthy cooking techniques that add value to the foods we prepare as food during the cooking process.
Cooking Methods That Add Value to Nutrients
- Consuming eggs raw or undercooked prevents digestion and the absorption of the biotin vitamin contained. It can also cause food poisoning.
- Boiling the egg for more than 8-10 minutes and waiting for a long time causes the formation of green sulfur rings around the yolk. This makes the digestion of the egg difficult and causes a decrease in its nutritional value.
- Eggs must be stored in the refrigerator without washing, but must be washed before use.
- Boiling milk for a long time causes vitamin losses. It is sufficient to boil pasteurized and non-sterilized milk by stirring for 4-5 minutes after rising. It should be cooled and placed in the refrigerator in a glass jar and consumed within 1 - 2 days.
- Boiling water of foods rich in B group vitamins such as pasta and noodles should not be poured, the water should be drawn and cooked. If the scalding water is poured and then kept under cold water, vitamin B1 losses may occur up to 80%.
- Roasting noodles, rice and flour causes protein losses.
- Vegetables that can be boiled with the peel, such as potatoes, should be boiled without peeling after washing thoroughly. Thus, its nutritional value is also preserved.
- Adding the burned fat to the food afterwards causes it to contain carcinogenic elements. (Example: İskender kebab, ravioli, plateau soup)
- Thawing process; It should not be done by waiting at room temperature, hot water, on a heater, on a low fire or in sunny places. Food should be defrosted in the breakfast section of the refrigerator.
- Cooking barbecued meats too close to the flame causes carcinogenic elements to form. In addition, B vitamins are lost with the water dripping from the meats. For this reason, wooden tongs should be used instead of metal forks and meat should be kept at a distance of at least 15 cm from the fire.
- Cooking milk, flour and sugar together while making milk dessert causes the nutritional value of milk to decrease. Therefore, the sugar should be added close to or after downloading. The sweetener should be added last, while the diet is sweet.
- Drying the tarhana under the sun causes the loss of B2, B6 vitamins and folic acid by keeping the milk and yoghurt in the light. For this reason, it is recommended to dry the tarhana in the shade and in the oven.
- If the bread is thinly sliced and fried, there will be a decrease in nutritional value, not energy.
- Fermenting the dough to make bread, muffins and cookies increases its nutritional value.
- Adding mineral water to pour the boiling water of legumes such as dry beans, chickpeas, lentils or to cook them quickly causes a decrease in their nutritional value.
- Fresh vegetables should be cut into large pieces and cooked with little water. Green leafy vegetables can be cooked without adding any water. Because adding more water to vegetable meals causes vitamin and mineral losses.
- Adding mineral water while cooking vegetable dishes, adding lemon or vinegar to salads made from green and yellow vegetables causes vitamin A and C loss.
- When cooking vegetables whose roots and leaves are eaten together, first the roots should be finely chopped and placed in a pot, and the leaves should be added later.
ALSO DO NOT FORGET
Food should be cooked as much as it can be consumed. The longer the cooked vegetable meal is kept, the greater the loss of vitamins.