With Smart Lenses, You Can See Far, Middle and Near Without Glasses

The eye is our sense organ that is most rapidly affected by the aging process. At the age of 45, close vision problems begin, as age progresses, cataracts appear and distance vision is impaired.

Turkey Business Bank group of companies located in Bayindir Health Group, Kavaklıdere Bayındır Hospital Eye Health and Disease Specialist Professor Dr. Ahmet Akman underlines that with smart lenses, you can say goodbye to glasses for a lifetime.

Thanks to the new generation trifocal smart lenses placed in the eye with surgery, both patients with cataracts and patients who want to get rid of their close glasses without cataracts can be seen clearly without glasses at any distance.

70% of the focusing power of the eye is obtained from the corneal layer in the shape of a watch glass, and the remaining 30% from the eyepiece. The eyepiece has the capacity to focus both near and far by changing its focusing power when necessary at a young age. However, by the age of 45, this focus shifting capacity decreases, and near vision and reading difficulties begin. As the age progresses, the lens of the lens with reduced focusing capacity becomes more distorted and loses its transparency and cataracts occur. In this case, both near and far vision is impaired.

Trifocal lenses, called smart lenses, come into play at this point. Trifocal lenses placed inside the eye by cataract surgery remain in the eye for a lifetime once placed.

WITHOUT EYES, IT IS POSSIBLE TO SEE EVERY DISTANCE CLEARLY

Stating that smart lenses were developed for the need of patients with cataract surgery to see far, middle and close distance without glasses, Bayındır Kavaklıdere Hospital Eye Health and Diseases Specialist Prof. Dr. Ahmet Akman said, “In a sense, smart lenses have the effect of placing three lenses on the eye. With this surgical method applied to patients who want to get rid of their near and distant glasses, the smart lens is placed on the eye and the patient can see without glasses at near, middle and far distances for life ”.

AN ALTERNATIVE FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO GET AWAY FROM THE CLOSE GLASSES WITHOUT CATARACT

Smart lenses are an alternative not only for those with cataract problems, but also for patients over the age of 45 who want to get rid of their close glasses. Underlining that laser eye drawing surgeries cannot fix this problem, Prof. Dr. Ahmet Akman said, “Laser eye surgeries only remove distant vision disorders. In fact, when myopic individuals have laser at this age, their distance vision improves, but they become invisible without glasses. "We apply clear lens surgery to patients who want to get rid of their near and, if any, far glasses, place the smart lens on the eye and help them to see without glasses at close, middle and far distances throughout their lives."

PRICE PAID FOR READING WITHOUT EYES

Apart from their advantages, the biggest disadvantage of smart lenses occurs when our pupils dilate at night in the dark. When the pupil is dilated, the trifocal lens focuses the light in three different ways. As a result, light rings or scattering occur around point light sources such as car headlights, moon, street light. Eye Health and Diseases Specialist Prof. Dr. Ahmet Akman said, “In fact, the scattering of light at night is a price we pay for reading near without glasses… The better a lens shows near, the more light is dispersed. This is the basic rule of physics, ”he said, adding that most patients witness this situation, but that patients do not feel much discomfort.

NEW TECHNOLOGY: EXTENDED FOCUS LENSES

Stating that the latest development in smart lens technology is extended focus lenses for individuals who do not want to experience light scatter but do not have much effort in close range, Prof. Dr. Ahmet Akman continued his explanations as follows: “Unlike trifocal lenses, these lenses do not have three focuses. Therefore, they may be insufficient for reading soon. But they allow to read devices used at medium distances such as computers and phones. As a result, there are many different lenses used in smart lens applications. Patients' expectation, lifestyle and profession are very important in lens selection. Keeping in good communication with the patient's doctor and choosing personalized lenses is the key to making our patient happy and beautiful. "

    Be the first to comment

    your comment