The Rail System Project, which is considered as one of the most visionary projects that the Metropolitan Municipality will bring to Mersin and will contribute to the socio-economic development of the city as well as being a transportation project, was awarded the Prequalification Tender.
13 offers were submitted with the participation of many companies, including domestic and foreign business partners, in the tender, which was broadcast live from social media accounts in a transparent manner. Many international companies showed interest in the project, where finance and construction will be together.
13 Bids submitted for Prequalification Tender for Mersin Rail System Project
Mersin Metropolitan Municipality Transportation Department's previous tender for the project was canceled by the Public Procurement Authority due to the objection of a company. Mersin Metropolitan Municipality held the pre-qualification tender for the tender, which was interrupted due to the pandemic process. In the tender held in the Meeting Hall of the Transportation Department for the "Construction and Electromechanical Systems of Mezitli - 3 Ocak Light Rail System Subway Line", Salih Yılmaz, the Head of the Tender Commission, was the Rail Systems Branch Manager. In the Prequalification Tender, 13 files sent by many companies, including domestic and foreign business partners, were examined.
"We wish good luck for our Mersin"
Making a statement after the tender, the Rail Systems Branch Manager of the Transportation Department, Salih Yılmaz said, “All the files opened were examined in detail by our commission and zamWe will be invited to the technical and financial competence part, which is the second stage of our tender. We wish it to be beneficial for our Mersin ”.
The companies that submitted bids for the Prequalification Tender are:
- DILINGAN CONSTRUCTION INT + KİSKA-KOM İNŞ. VE TİC. A.S. BUSINESS PARTNERSHIP
- CENGİZ CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY AND TRADE INC.
- ZİVER İNŞAAT TAAH. MAD. TURZ. PAZ.SAN.TİC. A.S.
- CHINA OVERSEAS ENGINEERING GROUP CO. LTD + CHINA CAMC ENGINEERING CO. LTD + SISTEM ELECTROMECHANICAL FACILITY IS
- GÜLERMAK AĞIR SAN. + SINOHYDRO CORPRATION BUSINESS PARTNERSHIP LTD
- DİDO- RAY, EDERAY, HKS ANKARA İNŞ.- EN-EZ İNŞAAT AND ARDALYA BUSINESS PARTNERSHIP
- DOĞUŞ İNŞ. VE TİC. A. Ş. -YAPI MERKEZİ İNŞAAT VE SANAYİ A.Ş. JOINT VENTURE
- SMU ENGEOCOM LTD. + MET-GÜN İNŞ. TAAH. VE TİC. A.Ş BUSINESS PARTNERSHIP
- HSY YAPI İNŞ. SANA. + ERMİT ENG. İNŞ. + ARAZ ENERJİ İNŞ. + ULURAY YAPI BUSINESS PARTNERSHIP
- ŞENBAY MADENCİLİK TURİZM- AZER İN. SERVICE MMC
- ALSİM ALARKO SAN. FACILITIES AND TRADE. A.S.
- PERS YAPI İNŞ. + ASTRO ÜST YAPI A.Ş. BUSINESS PARTNERSHIP
- NUROL İNŞAAT VE TİC. A.Ş. "
How Many Passengers Will the Mersin Rail System Carry?
- The first phase line of the Mersin rail system will follow the Mezitli-Marina-Tulumba-Gar direction.
- In 2030, the number of daily public transport passengers will be around 1 million 200 thousand people. The target is to carry 70 percent of this with a rail system.
- The daily number of passengers at Mezitli-Gar (West) is projected as 206 thousand 341. The number of passengers per hour is estimated at 29 thousand 69.
- 62 thousand 263 of this will be passengers on the University-Train route, 161 thousand 557 will be passengers on the University-Hal route.
- On the Gar-Huzurkent route, the number of passengers per day will be 67 thousand 63 people, and between Gar-OSB, the number of passengers per day will be 92 thousand 32 people.
- The number of passengers per day will be 81 thousand 121 between Gar-Otogar-Şehir Hospital and 80 thousand 284 among Gar-City Hospital-Otogar.
- On the Mezitli-Gar line, there will be 7930 meters of cut-off and 4880 meters of single tube tunnel.
- There will be a parking lot of 6 vehicles at 1800 stations and bicycle and motorcycle parking areas at all stations.
What are the Technical Specifications of the Mersin Rail System?
- Line length from Mezitli to Gar: 13.40 km
- Number of Stations: 11
- Cross scissors: 5
- Emergency line: 11
- Tunnel type: Single tube (9.20 meters inner diameter) and open-close section
- Maximum operating speed: 80 km / h Operating speed: 42 km / h
- One way travel time: 23 minutes
- The length of the light rail line between Eski Otogar-Şehir Hastanesi and Bus Station: 8 thousand 891 meters
- Number of Stations: 6
- Tram line between Fair Center and Mersin University: 7 thousand 247 meters
- Number of Stations: 10
Map of Mersin Metro
Mersin Subway Promotion Film