İBB President Ekrem İmamoğlu was the guest of the "Alarm Clock" program hosted by İsmail Küçükkaya on Fox TV. İmamoğlu shared the ongoing services and projects to be realized with Küçükkaya for Istanbul. Giving an example to the "mentality transformation" in the city, the Grand Istanbul Bus Station, İmamoğlu also announced his new plans for transportation. Stating that Istanbul has a very long line from one end to the other, “All transportation vehicles in Istanbul have a certain kilometer. For example, this decreases to 20 kilometers per hour for rubber-wheeled vehicles. For example, Marmaray is 38 kilometers. We had to figure this out. For this reason, we are doing a project with 11 stations from Halkalı to Sabiha Gökçen with “Hızray”. The low number of stops increases the speed. In this way, we will be able to go from Sabiha Gökçen to Halkalı in 55 minutes ”.
Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality (IMM) Mayor Ekrem İmamoğlu was the guest of the "Alarm Clock" program, broadcast live on Fox TV and presented by İsmail Küçükkaya. İmamoğlu gave detailed answers to Küçükkaya's questions, from unemployment to the coronavirus process, from the actions of the CHP municipalities during the pandemic period to the agricultural activities of IMM. The responses of İmamoğlu regarding the follow-up services of IMM and the projects to be realized were as follows:
- We opened 5 employment offices, and 5 are on the way. We will complete a total of 11 by the end of the year. We are read to thousands of Istanbulites every day. We established a center that guides our job seekers. Including the pandemic period of 7-8 months, we found employment for approximately 14 thousand people, together with the opportunities created by the Metropolitan Municipality and working closely with other institutions and organizations. We have mobile vehicles. This is how we serve the unemployed people wandering around in the squares. On the one hand we alleviate the trauma of painful unemployment on our people, the same zamwe direct it right away and provide job opportunities.
PANDEMIC PERIOD SERVICES
- We touched 1 million 200 thousand people during the pandemic period. The number of people benefiting from the "Food Support Package" reached 600 thousand. We were already supporting 280 thousand families. We distributed canned roasting to 130 thousand families from the sacrifices of the last Sacrifice Feast. All these supports continue. We will receive new semester registrations for educational support to 30 thousand students. The number of paid invoices in the "pending invoice" application exceeded 180 thousand. 180 thousand invoices mean 180 thousand families.
- During the pandemic period, all municipalities, despite all the impossibilities, we did very nice and serious work. We only spent 2 billion lira in direct extra. Why? The buses or metrobuses you see have traveled with 5 percent and 10 percent capacity; but we did not have any problems. The current extra cost of the pandemic to IMM is 2 billion liras. We will have spent this year with almost 6 billion lira of lost revenue. Have you heard of something called a municipal support package? You cannot see a country anywhere in the world where central governments do not support municipalities.
HIZRAY FROM HALKALI TO SABİHA GÖKÇEN
- We made very good strides in metro lines. We implemented the standing lines. On October 29, I hope we will open the Mahmutbey - Mecidiyeköy Line. On that line, we expect 400 thousand passengers a day. It will also ease the burden of the metrobus. We will open the Eminönü - Alibeyköy line at the end of the year. The Funicular Line of Aşiyan - Rumelihisarı had stopped; we moved there. We want to train it between September and October next year.
- Istanbul has a fairly long line from one end to the other. All transportation vehicles in Istanbul have a certain mileage. For example, this decreases to 20 kilometers per hour for wheeled vehicles. For example, Marmaray is 38 kilometers. We had to figure this out. For this reason, we are doing a project with 11 stations from Halkalı to Sabiha Gökçen with “Hızray”. The low number of stops increases the speed. In this way, we will be able to go from Sabiha Gökçen to Halkalı in 55 minutes. There is also a station layout that includes many vertical metro lines. This project is a project that will allow very fast access to Istanbul from the top. Our goal; to bring this project to a position to receive the permissions of the Assembly and a number of authorized boards in the first six months of 2021. It is a project with a cost of about 5 billion dollars. It has a duration of four years. We will be able to make the cost of this project in the most ethical form of the "build-operate-transfer" model. We also have talks. We want to make this project feasible in the 2021th month of 6.
SEA TAXI AND TAXI
- We will take the sea taxi in Istanbul seriously in 2021. We have to use the sea actively. We have studies to integrate the sea and rail systems. There are 6 thousand taxi issues we brought. 1000 of 750 of these will be given to minibus lines that have no passengers. 250 of them will be given to minibus lines that have no passengers. The remaining 5 thousand will be the new taxi. IMM will run this. First of all, there will be quality and institutionalization in the taxi. It will also make taxi drivers comfortable. There will be no problem with salary, security, SGK or some personal responsibilities. We will take the market from 3-5 license plates and turn it into a service area regulated by Istanbul. We are committed to this. 96 percent of the society want this taxi.
TOURISM CERTIFIED VEHICLES AND SERVICE SERVICES
- September UKOME is important to us. Two issues are important in UKOME. One of them; Issue of route document to tourism vehicles. Unfairly, the debate about these tourism documents grew. These will not serve like a taxi. In this month's UKOME, we will give the rights of the itinerary documents to the touristic vehicles in order to get their documents so that they can do their own business. This is really important. Because it concerns thousands of our trades, thousands.
- I'll give you another good news. This also concerns the servers. Because we have tens of thousands of servant citizens, they could not get their restraints. In this month's UKOME, we will give a service plate to our shopkeepers brothers and sisters who document that they have served between 25 May 2015 and 31 March 2019, in return for a plate fee.
OCCUPANCY RATE IN DAMS
- We currently have nearly 50 percent occupancy at the dams. The dam occupancy in Istanbul was down to 2014 percent in 14. Our most important dam is Ömerli, Darlık; the rates here are quite high. So we have no problem for this year. However, Istanbul is experiencing drought. Rain rates in Istanbul fell to 30 percent during the summer period. Why are we struggling with Kanal Istanbul? You are destroying the water resources of Istanbul in that region. You are destroying Marmara. Therefore, Istanbul needs to protect its water.
THE BIG ISTANBUL BUS
- The Great Istanbul Bus Station is a good example of our transformation mentality. In other words, instead of the complacent, forgotten, and not interested management; It is an example of our management model with high energy, high capability and finding solutions. The bus station is currently at the service of sparkling and immaculate Istanbulites. It includes culture, art, education, ISMEK courses, all of them. Therefore, Istanbul Bus Terminal is an important example of our change story.