While the automotive sector was waiting for an update in the base brackets due to the increase in exchange rates, it was shocked by the SCT increase at midnight. With the President's decision published tonight, SCT rates have been re-determined to be effective as of today. Accordingly, in the sub-segments of 45 and 50 percent, the base amount was increased only by a small rate of 15 thousand TL, while the 60 percent slice rose to 80 percent. Exorbitant for middle and upper group SCT tranches zam done.
The government explained the reason for the change as reducing imports and increasing domestic production. but zams well above the discount. While the update prices in the lower segments decreased by only 3-6%, the SCT increases in the middle and upper segments were between 13-23%. ZAM say.
ÖTV ZAMAFTER MI
- 1600 percent SCT for vehicles up to 3 cm85.000 cylinder volume with a base base of up to 45 TL,
- 1600 percent SCT for vehicles up to 3 cm85.000 cylinder volume, with a base amount between TL 130.000 and TL 50,
- 1600 percent SCT will be applied to vehicles with a base base of 3 TL and up to a cylinder volume of 130.000 cm80.
- 1600% SCT for vehicles with a cylinder volume between 2000-3 cm170.000 and a base base of up to 130 TL,
- 1600% SCT for vehicles with a cylinder volume between 2000-3 cm170.000 and a base base of more than 150 TL,
- 2000% SCT will be charged for vehicles with a cylinder volume of more than 3 cm220 and no tax base limit.
Thus, together with VAT, the top automobile tax rose to 277 percent, breaking a world record by far.
Rates published in the Official Gazette
HOW WAS THE SCT RATES PREVIOUS?
According to the President's decision published in the Official Gazette last night, the SCT base and rates in automotive have been changed. The rates before this change were reduced from 1600 percent to 70 percent for vehicles with an engine volume of up to 50 cc and those with a tax base of 45 thousand TL. For vehicles with 1600 cc engine volume but with a base base of 120 thousand TL, it was reduced from 60 percent to 50 percent.
The prices of these two types of cars are expected to decline in the range of 3-6 percent. However, for vehicles up to 1600 cc engine volume, the tax base amount was 130 thousand TL. In these vehicles, the amount of SCT was increased from 60 percent to 80 percent. It expects this increase to have a direct impact on prices.
The situation is the same for vehicles with an engine volume of 1600-2000 cc. SCT was increased from 170 percent to 100 percent for those with tax base up to 130 thousand TL. For vehicles with a base base of 170 thousand but the amount of SCT 110 percent, the amount was increased to 150 percent.
The amount of SCT was increased from 2 percent to 160 percent for vehicles with an engine displacement of 220 liters and exceeding that.
WE ARE THE WORLD RECORD IN AUTOMOBILE TAX
In 2019, Denmark ranked first with a tax ceiling exceeding 212 percent, while we were in second place with 206 percent. Last night we reached 277 percent (SCT & VAT) and got ahead by far. (Note: Denmark has serious incentives.)