Gülhane Park is a historical park located in Eminönü district of Fatih district of Istanbul. Alay Mansion is located between Topkapı Palace and Sarayburnu.
Gülhane Park was the outer garden of Topkapı Palace during the Ottoman Empire and contained a grove and rose gardens. The first concrete step of democratization in Turkish history, the Edict of Tanzimat was read in Gülhane Park on 3 November 1839 by the Minister of Foreign Affairs Mustafa Reşit Pasha during the reign of Abdülmecit and is also called Gülhane Hatt-ı Hümayunu.
The operator of the city of Istanbul, Cemil Pasha (Topuzlu) zamIt was immediately arranged and turned into a park in 1912 and opened to the public. Its total area is up to 163 acres. On the right at the entrance to the park are the city of Istanbul and busts of the mayors. A road with trees passes through the middle of the park. There are resting places and a playground on the right and left of this road. There is a statue of Aşık Veysel to the right of the slope that curves down towards the Bosphorus, and the Goths Column from the Romans is at the top towards the end of the slope.
Sarayburnu Park section used to be connected to the main park by a bridge over the Sirkeci Railway line. This part later left the park by the beach (1958). In the Sarayburnu section, there is Atatürk's first statue (October 3, 1926) erected after the Republic. The sculpture was made by Australian architect Kripel. Atatürk showed the people the Latin letters to the public for the first time in this park on September 1, 1928. While Atatürk's body was sent to Ankara, the last ceremony in Istanbul was held on 19 November 1938 in the Sarayburnu section of Gülhane Park. The coffin was taken by the 12 generals from the gun car and placed in the Zafer destroyer, who approached a pontoon on the dock to be taken to the battleship Yavuz.
The park, which has been in a very bad and devastated way for many years, has been restored by the Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality in 2003 and it has been brought to a state that will not look like its old days.
Islamic Science and Technology Museum
In addition, the Istanbul Museum of Islamic Science and Technology was put into service at the Has Stairs Building in Gülhane Park on May 25, 2008.