The Largest Green Improvement Package in History Passed by the European Commission. After the scientific studies linking the corona virus pandemic with air pollution, the European Commission announced the "clean vehicle" grant program of 750 billion Euros to realize the "green transport". With its new investments, the European Union aims to produce 20 carbon emissions and the lowest solid particle production in energy production, transportation and household fuels. The world's largest alternative fuel systems manufacturer brc'n's Turkey CEO Kadir Knitter, nature and specifying the future with people friendly transport of LPG vehicles, "Electric vehicles although zero emissions EEA also used Lithium batteries pose significant threat to the environment. Moreover, nearly 0% of the electricity to be used for charging the batteries is still produced in thermal power plants.
Hydrogen fuel vehicle technology is still under development.
LPG fuel remains easy to use, its widespread use and the most sensible 'green fuel' feature with 0 emissions, according to the UN International Climate Change Panel's statement.
Scientific studies linking the coronavirus pandemic with solid particles (PM) causing air pollution have prompted the European Union (EU). While Harvard University's study in the U.S. revealed increased coronavirus deaths in regions with high PM values, the research conducted by the University of Bologna showed that the virus could hold on to solid particles and hang in the air and cover long distances.
The European Commission aims at “Climate Change” in the 750 billion Euro grant package it announced in order to shape the life after coronavirus, and targets zero carbon emissions and the lowest level of solid particles production in fuels used in homes, transportation and energy production. A 20 billion euro grant will be used for the development of alternative fuels for the automotive sector to produce 'clean vehicles'.
THE BIGGEST CLIMATE CHANGE GRANT OF HISTORY
The 750 billion Euro grant, which is described as the largest and widest 'Climate Change Package' announced by governments and supranational institutions to date, enhances the use of solar energy in buildings, the development of 'clean fuel vehicles' in automotive, the complete abandonment of diesel fuel trains in public transportation and energy aims to use renewable energy sources in its production. The proposal has not yet received approval from the European Parliament, which includes 27 EU countries. However, it is envisaged that it will be accepted to support the '2050, 0 carbon emission' program that has been introduced previously.
20 BILLION EURO WILL GO TO CLEAN VEHICLES
The 20 billion Euro portion of the grant package that will strengthen the automotive sector weakened by the coronavirus pandemic will be used for the development of 'clean vehicles'. Although the European Commission suggests electric and hydrogen-fueled vehicles as alternative fuel, the short-lived lithium batteries of electric vehicles and the way of producing electrical energy are controversial.
Lithium batteries with an average life of 2 years cannot be dissolved in nature because they are poisonous. The lithium batteries we use in our electronics and smartphones are collected worldwide and sent to 'garbage mountains' in China or Africa.
LPG IS THE MOST SUITABLE AND CLEAN ALTERNATIVE FUEL
The European Commission's 'clean vehicles' grants assessing the BRC Turkey CEO Kadir Knitter, transform low-cost, readily available and clean fuel with LPG best arguing that alternative, "LPG can be readily allows the conversion of gasoline and hybrid vehicles used As it is widely used in Europe and in our country, it has a wide distribution network and it is in the United Nations International Climate Change Panel (IPCC)
According to the global warming potential (GWP) factor of carbon dioxide (CO2), that is, the greenhouse gas effect is 1, that of natural gas (methane) is 25 and LPG is 0. In addition, LPG emissions of solid particles (PM) causing air pollution are 25 times less than coal, 10 times less than diesel and 30 percent less than gasoline.
IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO GIVE UP FROM FOSSIL FUEL VEHICLES
Emphasizing that electric vehicle technology has not yet resolved the battery problem, Kadir Örücü said, “Lithium batteries used by electric vehicles are among the biggest pollutants in nature. R&D studies on the life and range of the batteries have not reached a sufficient level yet, and the development of battery technologies that can be used instead of lithium seems to take many years. "If we want to immediately reduce carbon emissions and improve air quality quickly, LPG fuel stands by us as a technology that is at our disposal, known and applicable to almost all vehicles."
INCENTIVE TO VEHICLES WITH LPG
The European Union has long LPG vehicles to promote applied reminding BRC Turkey CEO Kadir Knitter, "the Institute of our country, Turkey Statistical Institute (TUIK) registered to traffic According to data from 2019, 23 million vehicles, 4 million 660 thousand energy LPG ' It takes from. An incentive package to be announced in this area will increase the air quality in our cities and significantly reduce carbon emissions. In addition, LPG, which is more economical than gasoline and diesel, will contribute significantly to the economy of our country. ”
- LPG has a low carbon-hydrogen ratio compared to most hydrocarbon fuels. Therefore, much less carbon dioxide (CO2) is produced per unit of energy produced.
- LPG is a mixture of butane and propane gases in different proportions. Although it varies according to the mixture rate, it produces more energy per kilogram than all other hydrocarbon fuels (natural gas, gasoline, diesel etc.). It has a high calorific value.
- According to the United Nations International Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), the global warming potential (GWP) factor of carbon dioxide (CO2) is 1, while that of natural gas (methane) is 25 and that of LPG is 0.
- The most important pollutants in terms of air pollution and human health are solid particles (PM) and nitrogen oxides (NOx). In European Union countries, it is calculated that the health expenditures arising from PM are 75.000 Euro per ton and that of NOx is 12.000 Euro.
- It is estimated that solid particles, air pollution that occurs, reduce the lives of every person in the European Union countries by an average of 8 to 6 months. It is also determined that respiratory tract problems caused by open fires cost 1,5 million people a year.
- Solid particles (PM) emissions of LPG are 25-35 times less than wood and coal, 10 times less than diesel, 30 percent less than gasoline.
- Among the automotive fuels, the lowest emission of nitrogen oxides (NOx) is LPG autogas. A vehicle with LPG produces 50 percent less NOx per kilometer than a natural gas vehicle, 75 percent compared to a gasoline vehicle and 200 percent less than a diesel vehicle.
- Considering the health expenditures caused by harmful substances emitted per 1000 kilometers in the European Union, LPG autogas provides 70 percent less health expenditure than gasoline and 700 percent less than diesel.
- According to the target set for 2020 in the European Union countries, it is envisaged to increase the share of LPG autogas in automotive fuels from 2 percent today to 10 percent.
Today, LPG has reached a 12% share among autogas automotive fuels in our country. In this respect, Turkey, the European Union's 2020 target already has caught and passed.
- Approximately 5 million vehicles use LPG autogas in our country. In this way, approximately 2 million tons less CO2 is emitted every year.