Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality (IMM) announced that new tariffs will be applied on rail lines on Monday after the curfew. The determined metro and tram lines will run between 06:00 and 23:00. While the F1 Taksim-Kabataş line, which was closed due to the decrease in the number of passengers, is reopened, some tram lines and cable cars will continue to remain closed.
Taksim-Kabataş Funicular Line Opens
Within the scope of combating the Covid-19 outbreak, the flight hours have been extended since Monday, May 11, on our lines, which have been restricted on flight hours. The F1 Taksim-Kabataş funicular line, which was shut down due to the decrease in the number of passengers, will also be put into operation on Monday, May 11.
Metro Lines According to the New Tariff Plan
According to the new tariff plan, in our lines listed below Between 06:00 - 23:00 operation will be made;
- M1A Yenikapı-Atatürk Airport metro line
- M1B Yenikapı-Kirazlı metro line
- M2 Yenikapı-Hacıosman metro line
- M3 Kirazlı-Olympic-Başakşehir metro line
- M4 Kadıköy-Tavşantepe metro line
- M5 Üsküdar-Çekmeköy metro line
- M6 Levent-Boğaziçi Ü. / Hisarüstü metro line
- T1 Kabataş-Bağcılar tram line
- T4 Topkapı-Masjid-i Selam tram line
- F1 Taksim Kabataş funicular line
Cable Car Lines Will Stay Closed
T90 Kadıköy-Moda tram line, TF3 Maçka-Taşkışla cable car line and TF1 Eyüp-Piyer Loti cable car line, which were previously closed due to the decrease in the number of passengers over 2%, will remain closed until a second instruction.
“Mass Transportation Will Work With 100 Percent Capacity”
On the other hand, IMM Spokesperson Murat Ongun stated that, contrary to the news in the press, public transportation will operate with 100 percent capacity.
In his statement, Ongun shared the following information:
- Do not rely on provocative news.
- Public transportation in Istanbul will be 5.700% capacity with 100 vehicles tomorrow.
- Normalization begins, but the outstanding passenger restriction in public transport continues.
- Taksim-Kabataş funicular will also provide normal service until 23.00 on the subway.